Did you reload anything today #4

Jester896

Senior Clown
there is only one thing worse than watching paint dry
that is watching cases try to get clean in corn cob...
no... I am not throwing my good Lapua cases on the ground

Jester896

Senior Clown
pretty good start...I think the 50gr TSX FB Barnes are right at .5 and the 62gr Sierras are slightly bigger. I'll try to measure them with an app later. Either proved to be minute of pig. I used the 50gr Barnes and it worked well on the first pig standing close to still...it's clear I'm outta practice on running objects @ 250 though. My buddy didn't have an issue with the 6.5PRC he was using on the running ones. We ended up with 3 in the first sounder then the fog set in and finally a good rain to end things early. Talk about Norma .308 ammo being slow...his PRC runs about 300fps slower than we found data for in the Hodgdon book when we got back from what he said the speed read on the Garmin. The plus is when he fire forms the 2K rounds he bought he'll have some good brass for my buddy to reload for him.

50gr TSX FB... .050 about from touching... under max charge of H380. Fired most of them last night.
pretty good POI shift with the muffla...looks like 3MOA up and 3MOA right
scope came off anyway and sighted in the thermal

IMG_2096.jpg

62gr Sierra...about .020 off touching ...under max charge of H380.
they hit about 1" lower and closer right

IMG_2097.jpg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Almost all of my Barnes, and especially the TTSX, bullets are .050 to .070 off of the lands. One Ruger 77 in 260R liked them .020 back.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I think my .260 is much closer than than the .050 they suggest as a starting point. Closer to what yours likes I think. Looking, I don't have it recorded for some reason. I use the 127gr LRX in it and it doesn't have a standard throat I don't believe, I'll check it next chance and report back.

menhadenman

Rainy day so fired up the 550. Found a decent load for some 75 grain RMR 2nds I picked up on the cheap a while back. 24.6 gr of CFE shoots well in two rifles so load em up!

Made the mistake of starting off with the small powder bar… set me back a little but got through the remaining 230 bullets with ease.

51BE033A-95B9-4CFA-8B86-F1376F732F55.jpegE1B06F13-D74D-4049-B847-E4E2515BF465.jpegF753789E-7254-4B97-AE04-6FBA62CD297D.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
Rainy day so fired up the 550. Found a decent load for some 75 grain RMR 2nds I picked up on the cheap a while back. 24.6 gr of CFE shoots well in two rifles so load em up!

Made the mistake of starting off with the small powder bar… set me back a little but got through the remaining 230 bullets with ease.
For some reason I have 2 RCBS measures...one with a small drum and one with a large set up. Kinda the same with the Dillon... a small bar and a large bar...but it has that QC thang Dub turned me on to....might be something to look into.

menhadenman

For some reason I have 2 RCBS measures...one with a small drum and one with a large set up. Kinda the same with the Dillon... a small bar and a large bar...but it has that QC thang Dub turned me on to....might be something to look into.
You’ll have to remind me what that GC thang was

Jester896

Senior Clown
quick change thang

not sure if this was the brand but same principle @Dub might remember the brand

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Got some goodies delivered to the office... HP-38 for 44 mag plinking loads (though additional pistol calibers are being considered for its use), H110 for fireballs & child-like laughter, and VV N140 as an attempt to replace IMR4064 in the M1 rifle and 35 Whelen. Also got a few hundred pieces of Starline .44 Mag... I did not realize how quickly one goes through pistol brass.20240422_124501.jpg

Dub

quick change thang

not sure if this was the brand but same principle @Dub might remember the brand

Yep….that is one of them.

I think UniqueTek may also make one, too.

Armanov does as well.

I've ordered Diillon enhancements & ammo checkers direct from both Uniquetek & Armanov. Both have been impressive quality and zero trouble with either vendor. Armanov, I'm certain, is foreign. That made me pause a bit.....but admittedly I did get a couple things from them. Considering they ship from across the globe the items arrived swiftly.

Last edited:

Stroker

I've always thought it was normal to have multiple powder measures. At one time I had four Uniflows, two small, two big. Now I'm down to two and a Chargemaster. For me and the way I reload the Uniflows, once set up, are faster than the Chargemaster. For working up loads, usually 20 rounds each, I prefer the Chargemaster, for quantities of my favorite established loads I'll drag out one of the 40 year old Uniflows.

Liberty

View attachment 1301328View attachment 1301329View attachment 1301330
That`s a great setup. I have used a similar 75 grain (Hornady) combo out to 400 with good results. CFE 223 is amazing powder for running progressive, I also use it in 308, 8x57 with. 170`s and 30-30.

menhadenman

That`s a great setup. I have used a similar 75 grain (Hornady) combo out to 400 with good results. CFE 223 is amazing powder for running progressive, I also use it in 308, 8x57 with. 170`s and 30-30.
I haven't tried it in my 308 yet but now you got me wondering... Varget has been good to me in that cartridge.