Do you ever use your pocketknife...

sbroadwell

Steve you been doing good? Saw you post a little while back and meant to drop you a message.

Hey. I’m still here, which I guess is doing good. Had some issues getting over the second knee replacement. Still working, of course, but trying to avoid going to the million square foot distribution centers

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
My pocket knife is an extension of my hand! It spends more time open and in use than it does in my pocket. Neither my son or my future son in law carry a knife. It baffles me how a man can go about daily activities and not have a knife in his pocket.
Just yesterday I was going to unload the Christmas tree my wife came home with. Son in law was outside before me. We passed each other on the carport and I asked him where he was headed. He said inside to get some scissors to cut the rope Home Depot used to tie the tree to the top of the Tahoe. I said hold up slick, I have a knife…. In my best Jackie Gleason voice… what in the heck is this world coming to?

sbroadwell

My pocket knife is an extension of my hand! It spends more time open and in use than it does in my pocket. Neither my son or my future son in law carry a knife. It baffles me how a man can go about daily activities and not have a knife in his pocket.
Just yesterday I was going to unload the Christmas tree my wife came home with. Son in law was outside before me. We passed each other on the carport and I asked him where he was headed. He said inside to get some scissors to cut the rope Home Depot used to tie the tree to the top of the Tahoe. I said hold up slick, I have a knife…. In my best Jackie Gleason voice… what in the heck is this world coming to?

Well, my son came out ok in that regard. He always has two knives.
Can’t get him to regularly carry a pistol, though.

sinclair1

I have knives in the console, garage, tool box etc. I no longer wanted to carry pockets full of stuff all day and just slip it from the console to my pocket when I might need it. Buying a Christmas tree etc.

I am pretty boring I guess, haven’t needed my knife all week. I have a good collection too.

tad1

if necessary when dining, would take the opportunity. Yes the wife can get uncomfortable, but when SHE needs a knife she aint whining when I pull mine out. Use it all the time when the kids are struggling with the amazon packaging! Or if say I needed to split a cupcake for them! Gladly use it to cut up snacks/etc. Try not to let it get too soiled/dirty but usually nothing a little spit or h20 and napkin/ inside of t shirt won't clean up just fine. Certainly would take precaution if used for chemical packaging or whatever.
Feel stupid if I need a knife and not carrying one.
As far as lending knives, usually under uncomfortable supervision.
It's been said to always carry a backup beater for this purpose.