Do You Ever?

Lilly001

I remember spending a couple weeks one summer at my brothers cabin on the west side of the SMNF.
His place was overlooking a nice trout stream in a fairly wide valley.
When the neighbors got home from work almost every day at least one would fire up their mower and commence their battle with some very thick grass.
But at dark the valley returned to almost silence except for the babble of the stream.
Another of the memories that’s made my life worth it.

Redbow

Was that the 2014 ice storm? I can't remember exactly how widespread it was, but here around Augusta it was pretty bad. Much more destructive than the ten or so inches of snow we got here in 2010.
Oops I hope I didn't jinx it! :oops: I guess I will find out in a few months! :unsure:
No not the 2014 storm I think we only had snow with that one. I haven't seen a really bad ice storm in quite a few decades, hope I never see another one.

Redbow

I don't mind listening to the breaking waves over on the seashore as long as the sea isn't too rough. Its just a very relaxing thing for me. When the sea is rough we can hear the pounding surf from where we live when we go outside.

poohbear

What about when there is a heavy frost and when the sun comes up and starts heating the leaves and things , you have a brief but pretty good rain shower from all the moisture thawing

Latest posts