Do You Ever?

Redbow

Stop and pause and listen to the early morning sounds that you might hear as the daylight is just beginning to chase the dark night away? I went out this morning just as day was breaking to enjoy the cool air here on the NC coast, such a refreshing morning coolness after all the hot and humid weather we have been having for a long time now.

I stopped to listen to nature's sounds this morning and to see how many birds I could identify as they were waking up from their roosting hours. I heard a Brown Thrasher first of all welcoming the daylight with the unmistakable call they make. Then a Redbird began chirping, a few Blue Jays chimed in with their loud calls and off in the distance 2 Great Horned Owls were hooting at each other way back in the Croatan Nation Forest. The Owls were just saying good nite to the other creatures of the woods. I could also clearly hear the sounds made by cars and trucks as the daily traffic began to build up on highway 24 just down the street from us.

Towards the East a very bright morning star was saying good nite as the daylight will quickly cause it to fade away, I think that was the north star which is the planet Venus. So many things to pause and enjoy in the early mornings each day if one will just stop, look around and listen to the beautiful sounds of nature as another day approaches. It kinda takes a bit of the modern day world off my mind as I do so.

But then I hear the traffic again out on highway 24.

sinclair1

We sit out on the screen porch often overlooking the Marsh. It reminds us of the lake house days.
We enjoy natures sounds and it’s one of my pet peeves as we head to the beach for a week. Most other people don’t seem to go to the beach for sounds. They bring a radio and see how many types of music you can play on a 200’ stretch :rofl:

It’s nice out this morning packing up. We have some critter living in a big pine. Looks like a possum or Raccoon. It’s way up there.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Stop and pause and listen to the early morning sounds that you might hear as the daylight is just beginning to chase the dark night away? I went out this morning just as day was breaking to enjoy the cool air here on the NC coast, such a refreshing morning coolness after all the hot and humid weather we have been having for a long time now.

I stopped to listen to nature's sounds this morning and to see how many birds I could identify as they were waking up from their roosting hours. I heard a Brown Thrasher first of all welcoming the daylight with the unmistakable call they make. Then a Redbird began chirping, a few Blue Jays chimed in with their loud calls and off in the distance 2 Great Horned Owls were hooting at each other way back in the Croatan Nation Forest. The Owls were just saying good nite to the other creatures of the woods. I could also clearly hear the sounds made by cars and trucks as the daily traffic began to build up on highway 24 just down the street from us.

Towards the East a very bright morning star was saying good nite as the daylight will quickly cause it to fade away, I think that was the north star which is the planet Venus. So many things to pause and enjoy in the early mornings each day if one will just stop, look around and listen to the beautiful sounds of nature as another day approaches. It kinda takes a bit of the modern day world off my mind as I do so.

That’s one of the benefits of hunting. Especially turkey hunting in the spring. I’ve explained it as the woods coming to life. We gator hunted last weekend at Seminole. It’s nice to watch the sky without light pollution.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
First thing I do every morning of my life is to brew me a cup of coffee and go out on the porch and drink it. Through the week, I'm leaving home at 5, so I've already been at work an hour before it starts breaking day. But I enjoy watching day break from the porch on weekends and any day I'm not at work. It's nice and quiet here in my holler. Only sounds other than birds and weather and wild critters are cows mooing, roosters crowing, and maybe a donkey braying.

bany

When the day goes to sleep and the night wakes up is special time also. The further away from the modern world the better.
I’m with ya though! The night going to bed while the day wakes up is twice as special even in an urban setting. And then the traffic and landscaping starts but usually the animals start moving.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ve always liked to observe the transition between dark and light early in the morning and in the evening as well, to see the critters and birds that work the day and night shift.

ditchdoc24

I worked night shift for years so I got to do this a lot. Now I'm working noon to midnight so I don't get to see it as much except during hunting season. I enjoy watching the transition as the world wakes up and as it winds down.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Usually, I'll pause on the way out the door for a few minutes, just to hear what I can hear.

A nice start to the day.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
When I was a kid, I use to run trotlines in the blackwater with my uncle. We would either camp on a hill in the swamp or anchor off and pole fish in-between running the lines. During the wee hours of the morning sitting on a river by yourself in the middle of thousands of acres of swamp will produce some great sounds. Sometimes sounds that will make your arm hair standup. I miss it a lot!

BeerThirty

Listening to the sounds of the woods is one of the most profound things I enjoy while I'm hunting. Not just the animals, but everything else, too. The trees creeking and the branches scraping. The marsh grass hissing in the wind. The ice melting and dripping.

Redbow

Just about every day I go out after the Sun sets and look back towards the East if clouds are in the sky that way. The light from the Sun lights up those eastern clouds and its amazing at times to watch the eastern sky change colors every few minutes. There are red colors, mauve, pink, gray, and sometimes a hint of blue in the Sun drenched distance as the light fades. After tomorrow I can ride over to the beach and watch one of nature's best shows from the seashore, I won't have to pay 10 bucks anymore to park so that I can get to a public beach.

Time on the water during sunrise and sunset you will see some of the best and amazing views that you will ever experience in your lifetime. The sounds from the river, the swamp and if you are on a lake or the ocean, everything has its own sounds that helps to make up all things on this good Earth. I have spent many nights in swamps, in the salt marshes, on fishing piers and in the woods many times in the past. Camping, hunting and fishing used to take up a lot of our past time, my Wife loves nature as much as I do. Although my Wife would never go hunting with me, she never had an issue with my doing so.

Someone mentioned sounds in the woods or on the river that you don't recognize, yes I have heard them as well, makes a person think sometimes just what might be out there in those big ole southern swamps and rivers. I don't hunt anymore just too old to enjoy hunting now and the ticks here are awful, I hate those things.

Big7

The Oracle

Are you right on the water?
That would be AWESOME.

Redbow

Are you right on the water?
That would be AWESOME.
No, we are about ten minutes from the Ocean, couldn't afford to live beside it and don't want to be over there anyway, too much going on to suit me with all the traffic and crazy yankees to put up with.

Big7

The Oracle
No, we are about ten minutes from the Ocean, couldn't afford to live beside it and don't want to be over there anyway, too much going on to suit me with all the traffic and crazy yankees to put up with.
My house in Floor- Duh is 3 miles from Tampa Bay and 3 1/2 from the Gulf the way the crow flies. Ima' try to get right on Clearwater Beach or Madera Beach when I go back.
:cheers:

Lilly001

Back in my younger days I worked the night shift.
So on my days off (this was before children) I often fished at night because it was easier than trying to adjust my sleep schedule.
I usually fished a lake that back then was way out in the boonies.
I was serenaded by frogs and in spring, Bull gators.
I would often doze off and be awakened by the morning sun.
Great memories.