Eternal Life Can Be Lost

gordon 2

If the world does not walk by faith, then someone taken out of the world so as to walk ( operate) by faith is saved from the world. By faith they walk, they operate, they act, they are living by faith.

Now it is possible for someone living by faith, someone knowing the blessing that is to walk by faith, to stop living by faith. It is possible to preach love and have hate, impatience, and so being polite to harbor contempt for the world that God points out He loves. God loves goats... is finely able to. Can you?

Lets take the figure of Lot's wife, a type, who was told to flee and not look back. We all know she did. Lot's wife is a type of the man of iniquity, a type of the anti-Christ and a figure of Judas. Judas in turn is a figure of believers, of people who walk or are surrounded by the protection of the cloud of faith, who knowing better and for reasons much more than being tricked by be devil, by their own accord, perhaps by some anger they carry like a millstone around their necks and so they will look back to the world combining their walk again to the march of the world from which they were once removed of by grace through faith. Simply they sell out.

Having not denied everything in themselves, angry, tired perhaps or because they can read people's faces so they see sin, anger, deceit ---evil spirits with their crushing press on people, it having become too much to bare, and so they look back and go back and arm themselves with the strides of the world or to its foods and drinks and surrender to its false comforts, knowing rightly they are false-- but nevertheless proceed.

Last night I was Judas to friends of mine and many times I was to them in regard as Lots wife, looking back knowing and yet knowing I could look forward in faith. I disguised my anger and my weariness with my friends troubles. I had my back to them in spirit and played at putting my best face forward.

And so I let a spirit overwhelm me because I let it and not looking to Christ, his faith and how he ministers to the world, I saw and became instead the angry old world that I saw and had run away from...and I bought into it...again.

No matter what I say today about being saved, giving my honest testimony of faith, last night I walked with Judas. Not everything in me belongs to Christ and I have to wonder if someday I might just walk away into the sunsets of the world--having seen enough, having lived enough and faith begone. And I think this is possible to get out of the faith, to divorce it, because it seems others have and have willed to remove themselves from it.

Last edited:

StriperAddict

He has power over all flesh and all things consist by Him.

Even our thoughts to the contrary.
Yes, our wayward emotions and thoughts do not derail the consistency of Christ's power over us, or in us.
2 Cor 5:17
Rom 6:22

BanjoPicker

This feigning of sadness is not merely a tiresome ruse I am a bit too familiar with myself, but rather manipulative in its intentions (also something I am too familiar with).

You are talking to a man steeped in passive aggression (anything else you care to know?)

Jesus Christ is just...aggressive.

Conquerors are.

And it came to pass, when the time had come that He should be received up, He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem

Gen. 2:15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Gen. 2:16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying. Of every tree of the garden thou mayest eat:
Gen. 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Adam had eternal life and would have lived forever if he had done what God had commanded him to do and sin would not have ever started, but instead he eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and brought forth dead.

BanjoPicker

Amen

Now what?

"If ye have respect of persons ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law and offend in one point, he is guilty of all (Jas. 2:9-13). Can a saved man ever fail in one point? Then he is guilty of all and must confess or be lost.

StriperAddict

Perhaps a simple comparison.

The first imperfect Adam.
The second perfect Adam.
Amen, Perfect!

So also IN (the second) Adam shall all be MADE alive.
1 Corinthians 15:21-23

Some: So Striper you couldn't just leave it there, you had to go and bring in "transformation" again! :geek:

To which I reply, tho the outer man perishes the inner man is renewed (to the knowledge of Christ) day by day. ;)

StriperAddict

And yet...Adam was perfect to that thing for which he was created.

That Jesus Christ be glorified.
I've been envious of that "pre fall" Adam, walking with God in the cool of the day.

Yet, the Christ in you, the hope of glory?

Maybe on this side of what was redeemed by the second Adam was far better than the earthly walking Adam?

Perhaps. And perhaps for another discussion.

gordon 2

I've been envious of that "pre fall" Adam, walking with God in the cool of the day.

Yet, the Christ in you, the hope of glory?

Maybe on this side of what was redeemed by the second Adam was far better than the earthly walking Adam?

Perhaps. And perhaps for another discussion.

Not another discussion at all... because the assumption is made that the first Adam could run away from his blessing which was by Grace and the Second cannot-- that the Grace blessing due Christ is different from the first. Same discussion with a different bucket of paint. When God created Adam it was good, but it could have been gooder. Now thru Christ Adam man is the goodest possible this side of heaven, the choice or the caution to glean even off the Tree of Good and Evil is gone with the new dispensation so much so it is not a choice to make anymore-- our arms just to short now. Once you are to the kingdom you can't jump out. Or this time you might make an apple crumble with the fruit off the tree of good and evil, but regardless...it don't matter...the law having been done away with...in this dispensation both good and evil serve Him towards all blessings. Both love and hate will bless this time around. Talking from both sides of the mouth, this time, is ok-- Christ is good for this.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

The free gift is of many offences unto justification.

In Ephesians, Paul teaches that men are dead in sins when living in them, and salvation quickens them and makes them alive unto God. If ever men go back into sins, they are dead in sins again and need the same quickening as before (Eph. 2:1-9). The same is taught in Col. 2:11-13.

BanjoPicker

is not only an assumption born of wrong inference, but it presumes Adam to have being in stature as equal to Jesus Christ.

But this is not an unusual assumption, for all men imagine so; that "if only" reserved to themselves in their believing they "could have" or "should have known better" that can only be dispelled as a vanity when the utter supremacy of Christ's "no vanity" is revealed.

Not an iota. Which testifies against our own.

It is a gift to be embraced...this having our own vanity condemned at every turn. For it frees us from the penance we gladly take to ourselves in subterfuge for the display of that vanity. "I" should have known better, reserving to itself that it (the "I") had/has any power to be and do according to its own better-ness.

Thanks be to God for none of that "if" in Christ nor His plea that it be fashioned to "Forgive them Father, they should know better". And yet here I speak in absurdity. But do not doubt I am qualified to the absurd having been shown mercy in all the absurdity of my own presumptions. Yes, I used to think Christ as one who simply gave me (and any) the power of "do over" as though (in that now) more information bequeathed me a power to be "better". Living in comparison of Adam and Christ.

Is this saying Christ is not "better"? God forbid...for that is just as wrong an assumption as any other. But there is no comparison even if for some sake of clarity that Paul...(who came to understand)...refers to both Adam and Jesus Christ. But it is for the sake of dispelling comparison, not endorsing it.

The first man is of the earth...earthy...and was a living soul.

But Jesus Christ, the man of Heaven is Heavenly and is a life giving spirit, and until such time as the truth of that matter dispels all dispositions toward a comparing of what is ultimately shown apples and oranges...(our language is such a poor discipline) the man who must compare (in not knowing) will compare.

He cannot help himself...thinking "if only Adam had..." and then himself gives himself over to such penance he believes is right answer for transgressing by afflicting himself with such thinking. "If only I had..." and there offering up the affliction of his own soul.

"When thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin..." (and not the grief of our own experiences of consequences) He shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand".

Is it any wonder that chapter begins with "who hath believed our report?" And "to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?"

The lamb slain from the foundation of the world is all unlike the man who took the fruit.

But how? One might ask.

One tried to escape being an earthen vessel.

One submitted wholly to it.

Because the children were partakers of flesh and blood he likewise partook of the same...

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

One man grasps at something.

Another is entirely different because He does not.

There is no comparing.

"Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE" (Gal. 5:4). For a person to be "fallen from grace" by any means or any cause, he would need to be in grace first, in order to fall from it.

BanjoPicker

And yet...Adam was perfect to that thing for which he was created.

That Jesus Christ be glorified.

Adam was created to be prefect and not sin, but he did, if he had not sin Christ would not have had to come and die for our sins. He was not created to that thing for to sin. God did not created him to sin or start sin in the world. If that is what you are replying then you are saying God is a sinner.

gordon 2

To say that Christians are dead to or safe of the deadening power of evil due their understanding of a dispensation where in Christ they are made immune to the illnesses and sins due the world, that these no longer hinder the new man, that where we might practice the Great Commission... that in the environments we walk though as ministers of the HS, were and when we come face to face with the power of the world which has a charisma all of its own... that though we are made sick by the world for our placements in it, that I can't be made deaf and dumb sufficient to hinder my life in heaven while here on earth is just not my experience. Even in the Spirit I must boot my heart out of the clouds of confusion and obscurity and brush my self up from the fires of the world that cause in me to fall from the ecstacy of His life giving Glory. The world can make me so weary as to make me forget and to live by my first love so that it is still an option.

Last edited:

gordon 2

No doubt the of Adam still holds to a god from whom he believes he can hide. With some ignorance attributable.
Did he hide his self or tried to hide his shame? Cain, his son, knew he was not hidden from the Lord, especially he asked for sanctuary of none other. Do you think by faith he was... ah...answered? ( But that is just a tangent.)

Last edited:

gemcgrew

Adam was created to be prefect and not sin, but he did
That would not be on Adam.
if he had not sin Christ would not have had to come and die for our sins.
Christ coming is the cause.
He was not created to that thing for to sin. God did not created him to sin or start sin in the world.
The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
If that is what you are replying then you are saying God is a sinner.
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?