Fisher

lampern

Or maybe they do but they see a good reason for them to be gone from an area.

And yes that applies to deer and turkeys as well.

Lots of folks don't like em and didn't want em reintroduced.

CritterCatcher

Most of our coyotes here in the southeast are part wolf. About 25%-30% according to DNA tests. They aren't western coyotes. Red wolves are likely just a hybrid gray wolf/coyote.
The size difference alone should tell a hunter what he or she is shooting at. I have caught a few coyotes here in Georgia, but the biggest one was about 32 pounds. The average wolf runs much larger. I stand by my statement.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The size difference alone should tell a hunter what he or she is shooting at. I have caught a few coyotes here in Georgia, but the biggest one was about 32 pounds. The average wolf runs much larger. I stand by my statement.
We have a few here that run up to 50, but most I have weighed are in the 30s. 35 is really common. Of course, they turned red wolves loose here in the Smokies for about ten years and our yotes mysteriously got bigger and more pack-oriented and deeper voices since then, just like eastern NC now. The yotes on my place on the SC/GA line are a lot smaller on average than the ones here.

Last edited: