for all of you who like to whine about refs

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Auburn had enough time to venmo some cash to the ref. Shaking my head at how they came to that conclusion. Blatant.

lbzdually

Banned
They were robbed. I got back into the house just to see it.

DannyW

Just a wrong call. Never seen it before myself, the refs probably hadn't either.

Arkansas got screwed IMO...and I am an Auburn fan. But you have to call them the way you see them and I don't see any way Auburn retains possession.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
They still suck and will get beat about 3 more times, just hope they win on thanksgiving

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That was a dang shame! I hope that crew gets suspended over that nonsense. Arkansas was robbed, and even though the coach isn't supposed to say anything about officiating, I would have to. I'd let them know just how I felt. No way I could be silent on this one. No way!

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
It wasn’t. They blew the whistle to end the play
When was it blown? I was thinking the ref was still 'watching the play/ball' when the ball was the 10 yards behind the LOS???

DannyW

The real irony in this is that, by rule, they ran 10 seconds off the clock probably costing Arkansas 2 plays when they got the ball back.

This win feels a little tainted to me....

BamaGeorgialine

If I remember correctly, he dropped the ball first, which is a fumble and the ball is live I thought. He spiked it after he dropped it. That's like fumbling twice. I'll have to watch it again but, I feel like Arkansas got screwed

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If I remember correctly, he dropped the ball first, which is a fumble and the ball is live I thought. He spiked it after he dropped it. That's like fumbling twice. I'll have to watch it again but, I feel like Arkansas got screwed

I'm a Dawg fan but recovering a muffed snap does not void spiking the ball to stop the clock once you have gained possession of the ball and it should still be considered an incomplete pass. If the same thing happened and he had thrown the ball downfield after recovering the booted snap it would have been called incomplete and the clock would stop.