HOW LONG TO YOUR HUNTING PROPERTY

psedna

UAEC
I live almost two hours from the family private property. I cant do same day there and back trips anymore, esp after hunting all day.

If it was only an hour one way, I could do that roundtrip in a day and hunt all day. Bu long cold hard facts are that means getting up at 3:45 to get in stand by six am, and ten not getting homes til say 8:00 pm at the earliest. Too much for late sixties, and I think being on the road at four am is nuts and probably not real safe.

So we usually plan at least a two day trip, going to retire when I am ninety and then I can hunt when I want to...

Even cheap hunter motels, and eating out more also (not counting corn bill lol), can really add up...

I may turn into a mid day and afternoon hunter before too long... And I have been doing it bow only for over 25/30 years.

operi LIVE TWO

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If it’s family owned private property why not put a camper or shack to stay in?

Lots of ideas here

Mexican Squealer

GA farm is 4 hours, SC farm is 2 hours. Got a lodge at each and that has made things a whole lot mo better. I do go to my SC place a whole lot more than my GA farm though.

2 1/2 hours one way for me. Have camper and the amenities there so that’s nice.. working 60 to 70 hours a week then get off and drive there and back sure takes its toll on you..

GeorgiaGlockMan

1.25 hrs to my property tops.

I use to do back and forth same day. A nap in the climber helped.

Now I am working on a little cabin. Staying in there more than working on it during deer season tho.

I usually go out late the night before, sleep in the shack till 6 am, hunt a half or whole day and usually go home that night. Not hard at all.

It's like heaven if I can stay 2 nights in a row.

Hawken2222

45 minutes to my lease in Jasper County and a hour and fifteen minutes to the ground I own in Hancock

roscoe54

7-1/2 hours from Fl to my Ga cabin.
I used to stay 2 weeks at a time.
Now I stay so much the Wifey thinks we should sell the Fl house and stay in Ga.
That's what my wife said we're 7 hours Fl to Dodge County Looking for a house Cost to much to build Better of buying one Have a mobile home just don't want to live in one

Lilly001

That's what my wife said we're 7 hours Fl to Dodge County Looking for a house Cost to much to build Better of buying one Have a mobile home just don't want to live in one
My cabin started as just a hunting cabin. Now it’s turned into a house.
The Wifey insisted on upgrades when she started accompanying me.
Its comfortable and I have 160 acres I can walk to.
And she sometimes has dinner ready and waiting when I finish my evening hunt.:lovey:

Kev

I have to walk out the door of my house to hunt the land I own. I lease or have permission to hunt 5 other tracts all within a 15 minute drive.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
5 minutes from my front door to the stand, or 10 minutes to the little tract down the road. I do miss the camping side, but it’s nice to be able to hunt a lot during the season. My work schedule makes it hard to justify being in a club an hour away.

GeorgiaGlockMan

My cabin started as just a hunting cabin. Now it’s turned into a house.
The Wifey insisted on upgrades when she started accompanying me.
Its comfortable and I have 160 acres I can walk to.
And she sometimes has dinner ready and waiting when I finish my evening hunt.:lovey:
Sweet.

Mr DIY Hvac for me in the cabin after I finish it out and the mrs may just join me too!

Oh yeah and a toilet...she told me she needs that to too 2.

Cool Hand Luke

45 minutes these days. Enjoyed hanging out by the fire all weekend at the club but can't do the three hour drive anymore. Get off work Friday, drive down, hunt a few times and drive home Sunday. Now I go to hunt and hunt.