HOW LONG TO YOUR HUNTING PROPERTY

buckmanmike

190 miles one way for me, but Im retired now and have a cabin with heat, air, and running water. Also have couple other hunters here with campers so I built a cookshack for us to gather at. Love it here, 3rd generation land, soon to be 4th. Nothing better than your own dirt.

DynamicDennis

Depends on traffic. Now 5 to 5-1/2hrs, when covid hit in turkey season 2020 4 to 4-1/2hrs

earlthegoat2

2 hrs to my own dirt. I day trip it quite a bit. I’ll get a cheapie hotel for a two day stay a few times per year. I’ll get a camper when it makes more sense for me.

The two hour commute to my own place is preferable to a lease out my back door…

SC Hunter

1 piece is out the back door.
1 is 15 minutes away.
2 are right around 20 minutes away.

MYRX

Guess I am lucky. I live in Ogelthorpe county just outside Winterville, my hunting lease is about 32 mins away if I obey the speed limit.

DSGB

20 mins to the lease and about 30 to a few WMAs I like to hunt.

frankwright

1 hour to my friends land where I hunt. There is a bedroom, bath and man cave downstairs where I can stay anytime I want but I don't often unless my friend wants us to hunt together for a couple of days.
I am 76 and so far the up at 4 gone by 5 has been ok for me. I will try to get a quick nap during the day but it doesn't always happen.
! Hr 30 minutes to my pig hunting land. We have a small camper there with a big buddy heater and a generator. I almost always spend the night and try to get in 2 or 3 hunts while I am there.

Meriwether Mike

Its 1 hour and 45 minutes to my Meriwether County lease and 2 hours and 15 minutes to my Talbot County land.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
My lease is 2 hrs away. Makes for a long day....up at 330a, 2 hrs there, sign in, drive to spot, walk in and ready 30 mins before light. Then hunt the PM until shooting light is gone, and drive 2 hrs home.

I always try to get an hour or so nap between morning and afternoon hunts. There is a camper at the lease I can reserve, and have done that one.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
800 yards to one spot, 1.7 miles to the other.
I miss that....last place I lived in Dawsonville, I walked out the back door, down the hill and across the creek and was in the stand. Could see the porch light through the trees.