If a Christian commits suicide do they go to heaven?

IF a Christian commits suicide do they go to heaven?

• Yes

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters

letsgohuntin

If you believe that you can still get to heaven via suicide, is'nt that in line with the preachings of some of the past groups such as the Haleys Comet folks, Waco, etc ???

If we can get to heaven RIGHT NOW, why wouldn't we?

letsgohuntin

BTW, with my above post I am in no way comparing anyone here or their post to such groups way of thinking...

Im just introducing their beliefs of the subject into the debate. ;)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The confession you are referring to has nothing to do with restoring one's salvation.

Maybe, but continuing to sin and not ever "cofessing" would eventually lead into a path of no return, so at some point it will have everything to do with salvation or restoring salvation.

Sure there is no sin greater than the other, sin is sin, but can a dead man confess anything or say Im sorry?

But I dont think a true born again Christian is gonna do that, at some point before he got that low, he has already turned his back on God anyway.

leroy

Others have said if your a "Christian" you can not sin.
I I know there are some scripture to tell you that you cant, but if you read deeper in it, you can see that "if" you follow after Christ and keep his commandments and so forth, no you aint gonna sin cause you aint going to want to. .

One thing is for sure you will sin no matter if you are a Christian or not. There is only one person to walk this earth that did not sin and that was Jesus. Anyone that tells you that because they are saved they do not sin is wrong.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If you believe that you can still get to heaven via suicide, is'nt that in line with the preachings of some of the past groups such as the Haleys Comet folks, Waco, etc ???

If we can get to heaven RIGHT NOW, why wouldn't we?

I would think so.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
One thing is for sure you will sin no matter if you are a Christian or not. There is only one person to walk this earth that did not sin and that was Jesus. Anyone that tells you that because they are saved they do not sin is wrong.

I agree, I have been told a 1000 times you can not sin if you are saved, but as I said in a previous post, I know there are scriptures that say that, but if they took time to read the whole passage, it will tell them, if they follow after God, if they do this and that, they aint gonna want to sin. Thats what those scripture mean, but Jesus said "if" you sin, you have an advocate to go before you.

Kind of like, if you love your wife, do this and that for her, and you cant cheat on her. Why? its because the love you have for her, you aint gonna want to cheat on her, your heart aint gonna let you.

I for one will tell no one I cant sin, not ever.

SBG

I agree, I have been told a 1000 times you can not sin if you are saved

You've been told that by someone on here? If you did, they sure were reading a different Bible than I do!::; :)

PWalls

You've been told that by someone on here? If you did, they sure were reading a different Bible than I do!::; :)

That's the truth. Everyone sins. Period. End of discussion. Difference is that a Christian knows it's a sin and has the Holy Spirit to convict them and turn them to confession and repentence.