Question about a Buddhist monk.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
the thing that I think most don't consider is that God is Holy. He will not have any sin in His presence. Every human that has ever reached adult hood has sinned many, many times. Each one of us has lied, probably stolen something ( did you take that pen from work), been drunk, fooled around, or something that would be a sin.

Without forgiveness of those sins, the Bible says you won't make it into heaven. It doesn't matter how much good you have done, If there is one spec of sin, you are guilty.

This is not a balance beam where God loads all the good stuff someone has done on one side, and all their bad stuff on the other. Which ever side is heaviest is the way they go... Nope. One sin will out weigh all the good and noble things a person could accomplish in an eternity.

Forgiveness is the only cure. And that is a gift from God
Yep, exactly Pappy! It is a gift of forgiveness that none of us, not even the most holy, have earned.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
he was asked his belief. He answered the question and was dog piled on because some folk didn't like his belief. Then he was accused of enjoying the thought of someone burning for eternity. Repeatedly

tell me again how that is respecting his belief system
Respect goes BOTH WAYS. He has absolutely NONE or even concedes an option for anybody else's belief system. And dogpiles on them and starts threads because everybody don't agree 100% with his belief system. It's his way or the helway. That's his right, I guess. The way to make me respect or agree with your beliefs isn't to disrespect and make fun of mine mine totally and completely, act self-righteous, ignore everything I say, and counter it with scripture from one of a thousand belief systems on this planet. I am not a Hebrew goatherder living in 35 AD, so maybe all the stuff written by them for them doesn't hit with me completely.

But he, nor you, nor me, ain't God, nor did he elect us to personally speak for him. I'll respect his beliefs when he returns the respect instead of hollerin' at people with the one answer about how they wrong and gonna burn in hel because somebody 2,000 years ago on the other side of the planet wrote that it was so. There is no sense discussing religion with closed-minded people who can't think for themselves. I'm out. Go back to ya'lls echo chamber. The rest of us wrong defective filthy sinners will be over yonder burning in hel, along with 3/4 of the earth's population that don't think the Prophet String's way is the only way, or that he is ordained by God to be his mouthpiece. You can laugh at us and rejoice about it directly while y'all are laying on that golden cloud, and fist-bump Jesus for lighting the fire.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Respect goes BOTH WAYS. He has absolutely NONE or even concedes an option for anybody else's belief system. And dogpiles on them and starts threads because everybody don't agree 100% with his belief system. It's his way or the helway. That's his right, I guess. The way to make me respect or agree with your beliefs isn't to disrespect and make fun of mine mine totally and completely, act self-righteous, ignore everything I say, and counter it with scripture from one of a thousand belief systems on this planet. I am not a Hebrew goatherder living in 35 AD, so maybe all the stuff written by them for them doesn't hit with me completely.

But he, nor you, nor me, ain't God, nor did he elect us to personally speak for him. I'll respect his beliefs when he returns the respect instead of hollerin' at people with the one answer about how they wrong and gonna burn in hel because somebody 2,000 years ago on the other side of the planet wrote that it was so. There is no sense discussing religion with closed-minded people who can't think for themselves. I'm out. Go back to ya'lls echo chamber. The rest of us wrong defective filthy sinners will be over yonder burning in hel, along with 3/4 of the earth's population that don't think the Prophet String's way is the only way, or that he is ordained by God to be his mouthpiece. You can laugh at us and rejoice about it directly while y'all are laying on that golden cloud, and fist-bump Jesus for lighting the fire.

there you go again... accusing people of rejoicing because the Bible says that sinners won't be in Heaven. Like you know that to be truth.

The truth in this situation is that the man was asked what he believed. He answered in a single sentence, with a direct answer to a direct question. You and others didn't like his response and the dogpile began.

Like I said in an earlier post, The response was what the Bible and Christian teachings have been for centuries. If you don't like the answer, take it up with God. Jesus answered the same type questions when he was walking around on earth, and He is the one, and only one who gets to judge this.

and for what it is worth, I feel like there will be considerably more than 3/4 of the earths population that won't make it into heaven. I will be fortunate if I barely make it in.

'If the righteous scarcely make it in, where will the sinner and ungodly appear?' 1Peter 4:18, Current Pappy Version

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
there you go again... accusing people of rejoicing because the Bible says that sinners won't be in Heaven. Like you know that to be truth.

The truth in this situation is that the man was asked what he believed. He answered in a single sentence, with a direct answer to a direct question. You and others didn't like his response and the dogpile began.

Like I said in an earlier post, The response was what the Bible and Christian teachings have been for centuries. If you don't like the answer, take it up with God. Jesus answered the same type questions when he was walking around on earth, and He is the one, and only one who gets to judge this.

and for what it is worth, I feel like there will be considerably more than 3/4 of the earths population that won't make it into heaven. I will be fortunate if I barely make it in.

'If the righteous scarcely make it in, where will the sinner and ungodly appear?' 1Peter 4:18, Current Pappy Version
He asked others their opinions is the truth of the OP of this thread. If you and him didn't like them that were given, you're piling on that other dogpile. Jesus also said, he who is without sin, cast the first stone. He rebuked the Pharisees who quoted scripture at him, and showed compassion for sinners, and was castigated for it. We wouldn't think you rejoiced about people that disagree with you going to hel, if every post ya'll make didn't reinforce that very thought, and disrespect anybody who doesn't 100% agree with you. If heaven is full of that self-righteousness mindset, I don't want to go there anyway. You ain't gonna browbeat people into heaven. How many have you sent to hel by self-righteous disrespect turning them away?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
He asked others their opinions is the truth of the OP of this thread. If you and him didn't like them that were given, you're piling on that other dogpile. Jesus also said, he who is without sin, cast the first stone. He rebuked the Pharisees who quoted scripture at him, and showed compassion for sinners, and was castigated for it. We wouldn't think you rejoiced about people that disagree with you going to hel, if every post ya'll make didn't reinforce that very thought, and disrespect anybody who doesn't 100% agree with you. If heaven is full of that self-righteousness mindset, I don't want to go there anyway.
so, you want people to change their answer to a direct question because you don't like the way they answer? How truthful would that person be if they changed their answer? I guess consistency in an answer is wrong because you didn't like the response.

I don't know of anyone who has been disrespected because they didn't agree with String's answer. I didn't see him or anyone else baking a cake and throwing a party because someone died and possibly ended up in the hot place. All I have seen and read was the response that the Bible taught XXXX and his belief was that XXXX was true. I happen to agree with his believe system. You don't. So go ahead and dogpile him. Dogpile me. And when you are satisfied that you have satisfied your indwelling anger at God for daring to judge someone, I hope you find peace

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
so, you want people to change their answer to a direct question because you don't like the way they answer? How truthful would that person be if they changed their answer? I guess consistency in an answer is wrong because you didn't like the response.

I don't know of anyone who has been disrespected because they didn't agree with String's answer. I didn't see him or anyone else baking a cake and throwing a party because someone died and possibly ended up in the hot place. All I have seen and read was the response that the Bible taught XXXX and his belief was that XXXX was true. I happen to agree with his believe system. You don't. So go ahead and dogpile him. Dogpile me. And when you are satisfied that you have satisfied your indwelling anger at God for daring to judge someone, I hope you find peace
I think you are forgetting that he actually asked the question, and didn't like some of the answers. Not the other way around. Dogpile me because I don't think God exists to send everybody to hel. He made us, and designed us to act like we do. You have a nice day, and a nice eternity in heaven, unbothered by the rest of us scum sinful trash.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I think you are forgetting that he actually asked the question, and didn't like some of the answers. Not the other way around. Dogpile me because I don't think God exists to send everybody to hel. He made us, and designed us to act like we do. You have a nice day, and a nice eternity in heaven, unbothered by the rest of us trash.
the first thread is where he was asked his beliefs, and he answered them. It was brought over to this thread. You have been told multiple times that no one on this earth will get to judge where you or anyone else spends eternity, only God. I don't believe that God exists to send everyone to Hades either. Just as I don't believe that everyone will be in Heaven.

I hope to see you there Steve. I believe you are an honest man, seeking your pathway to God. Not everyone travels the same pathway to find God. We all struggle with different areas in our lives. The Bible tells us all to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I am working on my thoughts and beliefs, and I believe you are too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
the first thread is where he was asked his beliefs, and he answered them. It was brought over to this thread. You have been told multiple times that no one on this earth will get to judge where you or anyone else spends eternity, only God. I don't believe that God exists to send everyone to Hades either. Just as I don't believe that everyone will be in Heaven.

I hope to see you there Steve. I believe you are an honest man, seeking your pathway to God. Not everyone travels the same pathway to find God. We all struggle with different areas in our lives. The Bible tells us all to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I am working on my thoughts and beliefs, and I believe you are too.
Same back at you. I think you are a good man. I am also not a 2,000 year old Hebrew, so I have to find a relationship with the higher power that works for me. And many apparently would send me to hel for that. I don't think God will. If God exists, he shouldn't be as petty as we are.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.”

The phrases, ”I believe” or “my faith teaches” would garner some more favor in conversation. Folks in this forum that speak in absolutes are driving away those that they want desperately to have discussion with.

stringmusic

To be fair NCB, I brought this discussion to the Christianity forum to ask other self professing Christians. I wanted to know how many other Christian’s thought there were other paths to heaven besides Jesus. It all turned into a thread that should have been on the AAA forum but that’s not what I originally intended.

I’m a filthy sinner just like you, and I ain’t no better than you(and never claimed to be), I’m just forgiven based on Gods grace and love and absolutely nothing I’ve done on my own.

I can’t change my answer or make room for another faith because then I would be abandoning my own faith, and I ain’t got much faith in the first place if I do that.

I’ve had a lot of fun over the years on this forum, laughed a lot and learned a lot, and I hope y’all don’t hate me for what I believe the Bible teaches but I can’t help it if you do.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I don't think anyone hates you for believing what you believe and most of us know what the Bible teaches. Some of us have a problem with the belief that the good monk will be cast into eternal ****ation (whatever that is) because he did not share our faith in that Book in spite of the fact that everything he had ever learned directed him not to.

I have always had a problem with that little bit of Christian belief. Many of the Christian churches have had a problem with it too and have tried to rectify part of it through practices like baptism of infants. You yourself have stated that you have a problem with this little bit of Christian belief as well:
I believe God will give everyone, and I mean everyone, a chance to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. Timing of death, small babies, people in the rainforest, mentally ill, everybody. It will be their choice to accept Christ and live with God or not accept and be their own god. How exactly He will do that I don’t know because the Bible doesn’t speak on it. I do know God loves everybody and wants them to repent and I believe will give them that chance.
If you meant what you said above we believe identically on everything that we have discussed about the good monk.

The point that keeps me posting is the inconsistency in your statements. Perhaps you can help me understand why you say you believe that everyone will have a chance but you believe the good monk's reward will be perdition.

I believe what you said above and therefore can not say what the good monk's destination is because I believe that God in his infinite wisdom has a plan to deal with this circumstance and I do not have the wisdom to know or understand that plan.

P.S.
If anyone considers this post to be dog piling I would really like to hear the justification for that opinion, a PM would be fine. Every post I have made regarding the discussion of the good monk has been to address this point.

stringmusic

I don't think anyone hates you for believing what you believe and most of us know what the Bible teaches. Some of us have a problem with the belief that the good monk will be cast into eternal ****ation (whatever that is) because he did not share our faith in that Book in spite of the fact that everything he had ever learned directed him not to.

I have always had a problem with that little bit of Christian belief. Many of the Christian churches have had a problem with it too and have tried to rectify part of it through practices like baptism of infants. You yourself have stated that you have a problem with this little bit of Christian belief as well:

If you meant what you said above we believe identically on everything that we have discussed about the good monk.

The point that keeps me posting is the inconsistency in your statements. Perhaps you can help me understand why you say you believe that everyone will have a chance but you believe the good monk's reward will be perdition.

I believe what you said above and therefore can not say what the good monk's destination is because I believe that God in his infinite wisdom has a plan to deal with this circumstance and I do not have the wisdom to know or understand that plan.

P.S.
If anyone considers this post to be dog piling I would really like to hear the justification for that opinion, a PM would be fine. Every post I have made regarding the discussion of the good monk has been to address this point.
I’ve been looking at this from the standpoint of a monk who has heard about Christ, and rejected Him, not as a monk who has never heard the gospel. Maybe that’s where a lot of the confusion on this conversation has come from? The original question in the political forum didn’t address this.

Obviously if a monk hears the gospel of Jesus Christ and rejects it, he will not go to heaven, again, that’s not my opinion that’s what the Bible clearly teaches.

If a monk never hears the gospel, and never has a chance to reject it then I assume, based on context of God’s character, that He will in some way give the monk a chance to repent and believe.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been looking at this from the standpoint of a monk who has heard about Christ, and rejected Him, not as a monk who has never heard the gospel. Maybe that’s where a lot of the confusion on this conversation has come from? The original question in the political forum didn’t address this.

Obviously if a monk hears the gospel of Jesus Christ and rejects it, he will not go to heaven, again, that’s not my opinion that’s what the Bible clearly teaches.

If a monk never hears the gospel, and never has a chance to reject it then I assume, based on context of God’s character, that He will in some way give the monk a chance to repent and believe.
My problem with that is that the Monk has every reason to reject it, and absolutely no reason to accept it. His whole life is based on the belief system he grew up in, all his family and people he knows believes in, and has been taught all his life that other religions are false. His religion is an integral part of his culture and identity.
Exactly like if you heard the word of Vishnu here in the American south and ignored it. You would have no logical reason nor would anybody expect you to abandon your lifetime of Christian faith and start praying to the Hindu pantheon because somebody told you their word.

And btw, I don't hate you or anything close to it. I have absolutely nothing against you personally. I just disagree with you on a bit of religious doctrine. :cheers:

stringmusic

P.S.
One could also look at it like this.

God is all powerful, so if there is a person or group of people on a remote island somewhere, He can make sure they hear the gospel through servants of the great commission.

God is also all knowing, so He knows the hearts of any remote group of people and whether they would accept Christ or not.

stringmusic

My problem with that is that the Monk has every reason to reject it, and absolutely no reason to accept it. His whole life is based on the belief system he grew up in, all his family and people he knows believes in, and has been taught all his life that other religions are false. His religion is an integral part of his culture and identity.
Exactly like if you heard the word of Vishnu here in the American south and ignored it. You would have no logical reason nor would anybody expect you to abandon your lifetime of Christian faith and start praying to the Hindu pantheon because somebody told you their word.

And btw, I don't hate you or anything close to it. I have absolutely nothing against you personally. I just disagree with you on a bit of religious doctrine. :cheers:
:cheers: Well that’s good to know, I would have felt bad if you did when looking at your food pictures, but I would have still looked anyway.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

I don't know man, I've seen both happen where folks over here who were either raised agnostic or Christian and become Hindu or Buddhist and folks from India and China who become devout Christians or Catholics.
Christian and Catholic churches thrive over there as people flock to them, often illegally in places like China. It seems that more convert to Christianity than convert to Hinduism or Buddhism.

It's impossible to rationalize the human heart when it comes to spiritual fulfillment. Every person is different. :huh:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know man, I've seen both happen where folks over here who were either raised agnostic or Christian and become Hindu or Buddhist and folks from India and China who become devout Christians or Catholics.
Christian and Catholic churches thrive over there as people flock to them, often illegally in places like China. It seems that more convert to Christianity than convert to Hinduism or Buddhism.

It's impossible to rationalize the human heart when it comes to spiritual fulfillment. Every person is different. :huh:
Oh, sure it happens. But it's the exception instead of the rule. Most folks dance with the one that brung 'em.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Oh, sure it happens. But it's the exception instead of the rule. Most folks dance with the one that brung 'em.
True, even with it happening with millions of people, we're talking about 8 billion people on the planet, so even millions are just a small percentage.
I still feel it's significant just because millions is a large number. I wish I understood the why behind it but I really don't.

Latest posts