Is Saban a Whiner?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It’s Hayes doing his monthly bash Bama.
I don’t know what Saban did to get his ire.

Other recent headlines….

They’re coming at the King…..
Alabama isn’t Alabama Anymore…
etc.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Yes he’s a whiner. He whines about the new scheduling and he doesn’t have to play Georgia every year and never has to play Alabama. Boo hoo for him. This is why I hate for Kirby to say the stuff he says about the Florida game being in Jacksonville. He sounds like this.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Yes, he's a whiner. He's also one of the biggest jerks in coaching. I certainly don't want anything to happen to the man, but I can't stand him. Old grumpy, son of a gun! :bounce:

James12

Kirby has a valid point about that game, makes sense for both schools and with as much money as they spend on recruiting it’s more than understandable. That could be a big on-campus weekend for both schools. Won’t be long before it’s stamped.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Kirby has a valid point about that game, makes sense for both schools and with as much money as they spend on recruiting it’s more than understandable. That could be a big on-campus weekend for both schools. Won’t be long before it’s stamped.
It won’t move unless Jacksonville wants it to move. They can offer about as much money as they want. Georgia recruiting is doing just fine as is. That argument is the silliest of all.

I’m agnostic about where they play that game. I never go to it. I probably wont if it’s moved to a home and home because I’m not paying that much money for a ticket. To me it’s just a stupid fight to pick and you don’t gain anything better than what you already have. I also don’t believe any one person should be able to make a change like that. God bless Kirby but he ain’t Jesus.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Not saying one way or the other, but I have been told by someone much closer to the program than I'll ever be that this year will be the last for The Cocktail Party.

I have my doubts as to the validity of this but also have no reason to doubt the individual that told me this either. :huh:

MudDucker

Staff member
It won’t move unless Jacksonville wants it to move. They can offer about as much money as they want. Georgia recruiting is doing just fine as is. That argument is the silliest of all.

I’m agnostic about where they play that game. I never go to it. I probably wont if it’s moved to a home and home because I’m not paying that much money for a ticket. To me it’s just a stupid fight to pick and you don’t gain anything better than what you already have. I also don’t believe any one person should be able to make a change like that. God bless Kirby but he ain’t Jesus.

Actually, Jax doesn't control this game. It is the So Ga Dawg fans who control this game. They are the reason it ever started being played there. I used to never miss, but now I am hit or miss. Kirby made Jax make some concessions and give both teams free seats for recruits to that it isn't a dead game for recruiting.

bullgator

I think you could solve the recruiting issues without destroying a CFB tradition.

James12

I think you could solve the recruiting issues without destroying a CFB tradition.

I’m sure many would agree with you and more than just on this neutral site game as it relates to that topic of tradition.

Unfortunately recruiting runs the show now. I also know folks who haven’t and won’t be going back due to the costs of travel and such. They had gone for years before bow.

BamaGeorgialine

Everyone knows Kirby made Saban a winner. He’s nothing but an old, grumpy has-been, now.
I hold off on the has been until he actually retires. The greatest in anything love to have something to prove. If he has as terrible of year as he did last year then yeah, the old geezer needs to hang up the straw hat

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I hold off on the has been until he actually retires. The greatest in anything love to have something to prove. If he has as terrible of year as he did last year then yeah, the old geezer needs to hang up the straw hat
Who would you like to see as the next coach? And please don't say Dion Sanders! Or the Aflac duck! :bounce: