Is Saban a Whiner?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I would like to see Kiffin now that he's an older dude. If he could hire a good defensive coordinator, they'd be hard to beat. Probably wouldn't ever happen, but boy would it be entertaining
Kiffin would be on my list of coaches, for sure. Dude is a good coach. I like coach kiffin.

MudDucker

Staff member
I hold off on the has been until he actually retires. The greatest in anything love to have something to prove. If he has as terrible of year as he did last year then yeah, the old geezer needs to hang up the straw hat

He lost two games by less than 4 pts combined and now he has had a terrible year. Lawd have mercy!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
He lost two games by less than 4 pts combined and now he has had a terrible year. Lawd have mercy!
After the last two seasons, if DAWGs have that kind of season they’ll be taking depressions meds like their chicklets.

bullgator

I would like to see Kiffin now that he's an older dude. If he could hire a good defensive coordinator, they'd be hard to beat. Probably wouldn't ever happen, but boy would it be entertaining
I think Saban has earned his respect and the chance to right the ship he built. Don’t throw him under the bus just yet like the Dolphins did Shula and FSU did Bowden. Saban’s staffed gets poached almost every year and he can’t make home run hires every time. Georgia and Smart will feel this at some point too. Any coaching change will be a setback in recruiting that will cause a rebuild of some sort. That rebuild may happen quickly, or drag on a while.

Silver Britches

Could’ve been at least 4 losses.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Saban is still the GOAT. For now.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

BamaGeorgialine

I think Saban has earned his respect and the chance to right the ship he built. Don’t throw him under the bus just yet like the Dolphins did Shula and FSU did Bowden. Saban’s staffed gets poached almost every year and he can’t make home run hires every time. Georgia and Smart will feel this at some point too. Any coaching change will be a setback in recruiting that will cause a rebuild of some sort. That rebuild may happen quickly, or drag on a while.
Man I'm cutting up. I agree. I really don't think that he's washed up just yet. He lost two road games on the last play against two teams that made their year just to beat Bama. Saban faces an opponents championship game every Saturday. I don't think that there's a coach alive that would say that they are a better coach than he is.

bullgator

Man I'm cutting up. I agree. I really don't think that he's washed up just yet. He lost two road games on the last play against two teams that made their year just to beat Bama. Saban faces an opponents championship game every Saturday. I don't think that there's a coach alive that would say that they are a better coach than he is.
Another coach wouldn’t ……but another fan base or two might.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I don't think that there's a coach alive that would say that they are a better coach than he is.

Move over old dog. Mean ole junkyard Dawg movin' in. :bounce:

TinKnocker

Saban only whines when it benefits his agenda. He's very smart about it. For example, the 2024 schedules are not set, and he has already mentioned how tough their schedule would be if they played TENN, LSU and Auburn every year.
Oddly enough, they already play TN, LSU and AU every year.

Weird.

TinKnocker

He was also 2 scores the other direction from 5 losses. Lotta close games for Bama that should not have been close at all. On paper, the most talented team in the country and had 5 one score point differential games.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
He was also 2 scores the other direction from 5 losses. Lotta close games for Bama that should not have been close at all. On paper, the most talented team in the country and had 5 one score point differential games.

Well, we had some close ones last year against teams we should have walked all over and tossed in the trash heap in the first quarter so there's that.

Silver Britches

But to point this out some will think you're just hating on Bama. Well, there's that too, I reckon. :bounce: But Saban said before last season started that he felt it was one of his best teams. I'm not gonna say Saban won't win another natty at Bama, they'll continue to recruit well, but the team I watched all last season not only lacked discipline, they lacked leadership. And most of this falls back on Saban.

TinKnocker

Well, we had some close ones last year against teams we should have walked all over and tossed in the trash heap in the first quarter so there's that.
Difference being, GA fans aren't playing the "what if" game. If gumps gonna say they were only a few points away from undefeated, it's worth pointing out they were only a few points away from 5 losses as well.

And for the record, GA only had 1 close game in the regular season. Not 5. :)