Little Miss Buckslayer Strikes Again!

QuackAddict

C06A7ABB-A67F-4AA2-A2DE-1950EA807068.jpegAnd oh what a buck she slayed this time! She didn't care much about going last season until the end but this year she was fired up for opening day. We went Saturday afternoon of the rifle opener and only saw a couple of does. Fortunately she decided she wanted to come back again on Sunday so we loaded up and headed to a new stand. We had a nice young 10 on the no shoot list come out about 20 minutes before this guy which fortunately she could not see from her angle. About 20 minutes before dark her buck came out and ran the 10 off the feeder and then stood there perfectly broadside at 150 yards. I got her setup and I realized we had forgotten her eye patch which she needs bc she had trouble closing her left eye look through the scope. I was hoping to act as the backup gunner but not I was forced to hold my hand over her eye as she lined him up in the scope. I told her to shoot when she was ready and I was sitting there with my heart pounding and thinking that she was about to either miss or that I would be calling the tracking dog. She pulled the trigger on her Savage .243 in pink camo and that joker dropped right in his tracks! High fives and hugs ensued and I will never forget this incredible hunt and the memories she and I shared on that day. To say I am proud is an understatement and I can't wait to see what the future holds for my little outdoorswoman!

six

Oh wow! Well done young lady. And it's good to see a smiling successful deer hunter picture. Congrats!!!!!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
That's a heck of a great buck!!!!!

Jim Boyd

That is one of the most beautiful pics I have seen.

Great deer and I would say that the charisma and excitement of the young lady were captured perfectly.

very well done!!!!!!

That has simply GOT to be a GON cover photo.

bany

Really nice buck, and a great smile on the slayer! Congratulations!

wvdawg

Staff member
Great buck - great memories! Congrats to you both!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Beautiful buck and smile , congrats to you both ! I know your smile was just as big

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on a great buck and and to a great young hunter!!!