Missing driveler #246

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I got a couple Hula poppers that are probably at least 50 yrs old.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I know the feeling on old lures too. I got a couple of mighty old Hula Poppers, Mirrolures, Dalton Specials, and old original Rapalas. And one OLD Pumpkinseed.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Wasn’t any Lilly pads where I was fishing either Quackbro, slick. Love me some aquatic plant cover though.

Little reservoir up the road 5 minutes from here used to be full of it. Then they put 3500 grass carp in it and it’s a desert now. Used to be some fantastic fishing prior to that. :banginghe

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Speaking of fishing, Moonbro was not only a squealer whisperer, he and his son wore some big bass out on a regular basis. Rascal used to send me the pics teasing me. :bounce: :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
creek chub...caught my biggest bass ever on one that i found in my granddads barn

I`ve got a Creek Chub, but not sure which one. I know its not the model that George Perry used.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My old Swedish made Ambassadeur 6000 is now 51 years old, and still going strong. Its my go-to rig for cobia when we out on the salt.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I hear ya. I prefer catching BIG fish myself.

Many years ago I was in the number game (caught 72 one morning on a trick worm, none over 5lbs) then I started fishing for the ONE BIG bite !!!

I got a couple Hula poppers that are probably at least 50 yrs old.

I'm guessing mine are that old Kneebro ???

I know the feeling on old lures too. I got a couple of mighty old Hula Poppers, Mirrolures, Dalton Specials, and old original Rapalas. And one OLD Pumpkinseed.

Be kinda cool to preserve them in a presentation case for Warren ???

Speaking of fishing, Moonbro was not only a squealer whisperer, he and his son wore some big bass out on a regular basis. Rascal used to send me the pics teasing me. :bounce: :bounce:

Not real sure Moonbro wasn't using dynamite . .

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Good idea, Quack. I have quit fishing with them. Hate to lose one of them.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Sitting on da back porch watching the wind blow the tops of the oaks and pines, and snorting pollen . . :D

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looks like I`m gonna have to postpone my hunt till this afternoon. This getting older is a real pain and aggravation.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
If ya'll haven't seen it , YouTube the "Carol Burnett" show with Tim Conway . . :rofl::rofl: The elephant story . .

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Not to change the subject, but MizT was just tellin me that her brother with Leukemia got accepted to the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis for a 100 days. :cool:

The catch is, he has to have a family member stay with him the entire time. His wife can only do it for 2 months, that’s all the leave she can get from her job. MizT can’t do it because she hasn’t been on the job long enough.

MizT just told me he requested me to cover the last 30-40 days up there with him.

It’s humbling to say the least.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Not to change the subject, but MizT was just tellin me that her brother with Leukemia got accepted to the Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis for a 100 days. :cool:

The catch is, he has to have a family member stay with him the entire time. His wife can only do it for 2 months, that’s all the leave she can get from her job. MizT can’t do it because she hasn’t been on the job long enough.

MizT just told me he requested me to cover the last 30-40 days up there with him.

Best place on the world with a illness. Can't imagine anybody better than you handling this.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Best place on the world with a illness. Can't imagine anybody better than you handling this.

I don't know about that. That boy ain't right, I'm liable to get him in trouble. :rofl:

MizT is getting ready to be tested by our Dr. here to she if she's a bone marrow match for him.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I don't know about that. That boy ain't right, I'm liable to get him in trouble. :rofl:

MizT is getting ready to be tested by our Dr. here to she if she's a bone marrow match for him.

Been told "I ain't right" all my life, best I can tell it's the only way to be.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Change of plans for the menu tonight, gonna be smoked/grilled short ribs, fried skrimps n gator tail, home fries, fried okra . . healthy ain't it ?? :rofl:

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I planned to be out listening for a bird this morning but the weather was dropping 2 and 1/10th inches of rain here, and my right knee has me down for the count right now. Different type pain, and worse than normal. :rolleyes:
:love: aaawww, I'm sorry, hope this front moves on out & maybe that will help it feel better!
Good morning friends !!

Getting the garden ready to plant today.

Gonna hafta start calling this the "Gimped up Drivelers.."
:banginghe ain't that the truth!
If ya'll haven't seen it , YouTube the "Carol Burnett" show with Tim Conway . . :rofl::rofl: The elephant story . .
:rofl::rofl:LOVE that show!:rofl::rofl:

:love:
Been told "I ain't right" all my life, best I can tell it's the only way to be.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.