Need Help

jason308

JT-As others have posted it probably isn't the best idea to try and hold the blade with your hand. Did you check to see if there is a hole on the top of the deck to get a socket on? Is it a bolt or a nut on the bottom. If it's a bolt, it should be right hand thread, I don't Murrays have left hand thread bolts but I could be wrong. Also, are you using the right socket on the impact (metric vs. standard)? Use what fits the best and with a 1/2 impact wrench and it should come off. A 3/8 gun is good if it was put on with a 3/8 gun, but the 1/2 inch should do the trick. If not break out the torch and get new hardware.

J.T.

Jason, it is definitely a nut on the bottom. I can get a pipe wrench on the shaft above the deck so I won't be holding the blade.. I'm also thinking that the nut is metric, a 7/8" socket fits it but is a little loose.

Huntsman.45

Jt

As others have said, apply some heat to bolt or nut, then take some regular household wax and let it melt into and around the nut or bolt. Let it cool completely, then try impact again. The wax will penetrate threads and act as a lubricant. This is an old trick that I have used many times to loosen exhaust manifold bolts on diesel engines when I was mechanicing!