Old Fisher wood stove blower/fan replacement

Shadow11

I've got this old fisher wood stove in my basement. My dad traded for it about 20 yrs ago, and I bought from him 15 yrs or so ago.

The blower/fan motor went out today. I'm not sure if this is actually what is supposed to go in it, or if someone rigged it up at some point.

The blower goes into the box in the rear. This one was just sitting inside of the box. I saw some random ones on amazon, that might I might can rig up to work, but does anyone know how or where to find the correct one?Screenshot_2024-01-20-22-47-53.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20-22-48-20.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20-22-48-44.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20-22-48-51.png

buckmanmike

If you can find out the cfm of old fan, and find something to make fit, you should be good. Yours appears to be a squirrel cage fan which are generally high cfm. Most wood stove fans are lower cfm's. Stove has to have time to heat the air before blown out. Your application looks like it may need the higher cfm if its blowing from the basement to 2 other areas of the house.

Shadow11

That's just something i rigged up to get some heat upstairs when we have power outages. I normally leave those off and just use the stove to heat the basement in really cold weather.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
To help me understand your set up.
The duct work is just taking heat off the flat surface of the stove and the blower actually blows the heat out the holes on the front?

Last edited:

Whitefeather

Management Material
Can you remove the motor from the fan and get a model number off it? Grainger is a good place to start looking for a motor

KDarsey

I used to be in the business & Carolina Stove Parts was my go-to for anything woodstove related. Check them out.

Shadow11

To help me understand your set up.
The duct work is just taking heat off the flat surface of the stove and the blower actually blows the heat out the holes on the front?
Right the heat blows from the bottom rear, and out of holes in front. When i need to pump some heat upstairs i simply put the duct over holes like the right side in photo. It's redneck as heck, but it's nice when the power is out during ice storms lol.

Screenshot_2024-01-22-19-29-43.png

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Right the heat blows from the bottom rear, and out of holes in front. When i need to pump some heat upstairs i simply put the duct over holes like the right side in photo. It's redneck as heck, but it's nice when the power is out during ice storms lol.

View attachment 1284627
That's what it looked like.
The cfm should be lower for that application, probably less than 100 cfm, so the heat exchanger can keep the temperature up with the airflow or you'll be blowing luke warm air.