Southern IN... Live From the Tree!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
didnt happen for us tonight. ended up seeing 6 from stand and 5 under stand when we got in.

the 9 was very pretty, but probably 2.5 year old. one brow was split and he had good mass. gave bubba plenty of shot opportunity but not quite there.

blu saw about 100 deer in a field including several nice bucks, but nothing in range.

be back in the am

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Last day to hunt and we are back across the river in IN. I am sitting in a lockon that we hung yesterday at lunch. Its in a narrow stretch of woods between a nasty bedding area and a pretty good sized creek with huge crops past that. The trail below me is literally bare dirt and littered with tracks. The beast I saw yesterday morn came from this area.

Bubba is back in his climber in the same location as yesterday which is on the opposite side of this bedding area.

41 degrees and wind is calm for a change. Supposed to move to the north early.

Hang on its breaking day...

XJfire75

Good deal. I'm in the tree too. I'll be checkin up on this. Hopfully one of us will have something to say about deer sightings haha.

It's 50 and overcast here.

Good luck man!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
No deer yet...which is crazy as nice as it is...soooooo

Pic to my left
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-8.jpg

And straight down:bounce:
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-9.jpg

XJfire75

How high up r ya?

Cam makes you look like you're up there!

Dupree

No deer here either, but I have a feeling you will probably have some coming through before long.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
You got your safety harness on? :D

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Only 20ft or so. Not bad.

Almost had coyote on the grill! I drawed on him but he was a hair too far to burn high priced arrow and head on.

Still no deer:( :huh:

R

redneckcamo

3 more does under me now

Here ya go redneckcamo...

No encore, but the toe of my boot did slip in:bounce:

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-6.jpg

was comin back thru the thread an noticed your coffe steam was animal heads ....an one is a doe eyeballin ya over the rim of the cup !:rofl: ....
best of luck Jim !

polkmarine

yall are doing great with the updates and the pics , lets go this will be the morning! i feel it

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubbas got 3 does under him and I'm still goose eggin.

But the coffee is great!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
6 for gary...goose for me. A perfect morn in a perfect location...all perfect cept no deer :rofl:

We are gonna slip out here soon and hang one more stand ...later in the season we will apprecite the work I'm sure.

Looks like the illinois deer are moving a lot more so this eve we are headed back over to see if bubba can drop a buck or doe with me behind the camera. Because of limited time this year I didn't pick up tags over there.

Soooooo unless something happens quick I am going home with memories:D