SPIDERS !!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Spiders have never bothered me at all. Or snakes. Yallerjackets and hornets and guinea waspers are what I'm scanning for in the woods. I hate them. And ticks.

4x4Taco

Yea I honestly don't know why they freak me out. Maybe when I was a baby I had one crawling on me and couldn't get it off or something and it scarred me for life. LOL

ryanh487

I'm fine with spiders as long as they are both outside and at least arms length away. Once they are inside or on me, the truce has been broken.

I was standing in a field a few years back and a big ol trap door spider raced up my pant leg to my neck and bit me on the adam's apple for no reason whatsoever.

4x4Taco

I would still be having nightmares about that one. I'm glad I tuck my pants in my boots when I head to the woods. DANG.

ryanh487

I would still be having nightmares about that one. I'm glad I tuck my pants in my boots when I head to the woods. DANG.

Oh no it was OUTSIDE my pants. I had my hands full holding something for my dad and saw it get on me, but I didn't think it would be a big deal and I'd swat it off in a minute. then it just went right up my pant leg, up my shirt, got to my neck, bit the tar out of me, and then dissappeared into the tall grass when dropped what I was holding and swatted it away. I didn't get too good of a look at it, I only say it was a trap door spider because it was huge and glossy black and that's the only one that fits the description in that area. left a quarter sized welt on my throat that was sore and itchy for a week.

Wayne D Davis

I had a wolf spider .... they are super fast on their feet.... jumpers. This joker bit me 3 time on my stomach before I could swat it

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Just got back from walking a spot I want to hunt, and took these pics just for you. They are fresh out of the camera. Click on the images for a larger version.

Spider (Sep. 18, 2019) (1).JPG

Spider (Sep. 18, 2019) (3).JPG

ddd-shooter

That's why I walk to my stand holding my bow out in front of me with the riser and top limb about face high most of the time. Anywhere else on my body and the Permethrin on my clothes is going to convince that spider to git quick.
This is exactly what I do.
I feel like I look like far less of a crazy person...lol

Mark K

Banned
I carry a stick doing figure 8’s out in front of me. I’d much rather have a flamethrower but the wife won’t let me buy one, afraid I’d burn the house down or something along those lines!

James12

Name it

Attachments

• 614A59B4-620C-4651-A64F-167EE77290FC.jpeg
    614A59B4-620C-4651-A64F-167EE77290FC.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 10

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Really nice clear pics. What camera?
Thanks. It's an old Canon T1i. I stuck the lens right up to them and was using the macro setting along with the flash. That is two different spiders. Seen a bunch out there today.