Spypoint Link Micro Issues

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yet again out of the blue I received a couple days worth of pics. Before this transmission, the 8th was my last pics. Battery then was at 14%.

This morning I received pics from 12th and 13th. Battery now at 2%. Gotta figure it's dead now ?.

Deer pic is just for Mark to see that temp ???

Screenshot_20191014-073458_SPYPOINT LINK.jpgScreenshot_20191014-073526_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg

shdw633

I had an issue with one of my link micros this week not sending pics and when I got up to the camera I found that the issue was a corrupt micro chip. The chip was not storing the pics correctly so the camera could not read the file and transfer the picture. When trying to upload from the chip all the files were listed as Uuuuuuuuu and the computer said it could not read the chip, now I have to get a new micro chip and try the camera out again. Just posting this for others to check on if their cameras are not sending them pics, make sure the micro chip your using is working and formatted.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
It took a few more pics and sent them this morning. So it sent pics with 2% battery life. Gonna call the batteries dead now that it shows zero :bounce:

Daylight is last pic. Dark pic is only to check out the temp ::ke:

Screenshot_20191017-070653_SPYPOINT LINK.jpgScreenshot_20191017-070633_SPYPOINT LINK.jpgScreenshot_20191017-070619_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg

livetohunt

Can you use a solar panel with these cameras? That would solve the battery issue..Solar panel and a 6 volt battery.

shdw633

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ended up taking around 1000 pics between 8/25 and now and used one set of batts. Originally set on 6 trans a day and I changed it to once a day when it stopped transmitting.

I will move it on scrapes for next few weeks and then back to food until Feb. Then probably wont use this particular cam again until middle summer.

So basically I expect it to take 3 or 4 sets of batteries a year. Not sure if I would put a solar on it or not. Really dont expect it to last long enough to worry about :rofl:

Ended up taking around 1000 pics between 8/25 and now and used one set of batts. Originally set on 6 trans a day and I changed it to once a day when it stopped transmitting.

I will move it on scrapes for next few weeks and then back to food until Feb. Then probably wont use this particular cam again until middle summer.

So basically I expect it to take 3 or 4 sets of batteries a year. Not sure if I would put a solar on it or not. Really dont expect it to last long enough to worry about :rofl:
3 out of 6 cameras for me have made it about 2 months then stopped working. customer service is a joke. They have a lot of problems to get worked out. The 2 year warranty on the box looks good but good luck getting someone to reply to an email or answer a call.

Rexrode72

Hello all. I ordered a Link-Micro back in late August and it worked for about 45 days up here in NC. I went to change out the batteries and then the camera would not work. I swapped out 3 sets of brand new alkaline and Lithium batteries. Emailed and called customer support twice, staying on hold for more than 30 minutes. Finally got customer service, who tried to walk me through trouble shooting (while being coached in the background by a manager). Long story short, I got them to give me a new camera and an RMA for the old one. Just got the new one...….and it won't even turn on with new batteries. I have been on hold with customer service for 44:19 minutes. Probably going to just take this back to Cabela's and get my money back. May just have to eat the $120 of yearly service. Bad product.

Snoop87

Im having trouble with one of my micro cameras, its impossible to reach tech support. The camera turns on and shows the green light flashing while it is searching for signal, after a minute or so the light goes out then comes back on solid green and stays on. it will take pictures but will not send them or communicate with my phone. The camera worked for 2 weeks then stopped working when I went to move it. Can anyone help this this problem?

GeorgiaPlottHunter-

Were you able to determine what the issue was? I’m having the same issue with a camera. It was working fine until the batteries died. I replaced the batteries and this problem started. I’ve tried updating the SD card, but I may not be doing it correctly. Thanks.

GeorgiaPlottHunter-

Were you able to determine what the issue was? I’m having the same issue with a camera. It was working fine until the batteries died. I replaced the batteries and this problem started. I’ve tried updating the SD card, but I may not be doing it correctly. Thanks.

Their customer support finally replied to my email and i was able to send the camera back, they sent me a new one.

Snoop87

Their customer support finally replied to my email and i was able to send the camera back, they sent me a new one.

Thank you. I emailed them, and they were pretty responsive. They deemed it to be a firmware related issue and sent the camera an on-air firmware update request that should fix the issue. It should be good to go in 24 hours. I hope this fixes it.

Jkrenzer22

I have a link micro its turns on flashes green a coupl time then stays gren for 10 seconds then goes away then back on for ten seconds over and over. The 30 second red flashing light does not appear. I have updated everything but still the same issue

rosewood

I have a link micro its turns on flashes green a coupl time then stays gren for 10 seconds then goes away then back on for ten seconds over and over. The 30 second red flashing light does not appear. I have updated everything but still the same issue
Same exact thing mine was doing, but was unable to do the firmware upload waiting for them to send me another one. Need to give them a call I guess.