That neighbor....

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I own so many one-time use or rarely needed tools, it's sad. I own them because I HATE to borrow things.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
In general I'll let people borrow most things. I file it under, treating folks the way I want to be treated.

You only get to take advantage once though. Don't meet the conditions I set and you will not be borrowing anything else.

You should treat a chainsaw like its going to kill you at all time. That's one thing I wouldn't loan to just anyone.

madsam

I borrowed a 1" pvc cap from my cross the street neighbor and bought him 8
in return. That way we don't start the borrowing habit. Also, from time to time
I will bring him leftover supper . He keeps an eye out on the house and we
buddies when need be.

ryanh487

I own so many one-time use or rarely needed tools, it's sad. I own them because I HATE to borrow things.

Same. I wouldn't borrow anything I couldn't afford to replace so I might as well just buy it and have it whenever I need it. I'm also bad about buying the tool that will make the job easiest/fastest, even if it's significantly more expensive.

BeerThirty

Oddly enough, I've never had a neighbor ask me to borrow anything. But if they did ask then I certainly would. If they didn't return it, I'd never lend them anything again.

Fishin & Hunting

I asked a buddy (who does borrow tools from me) to borrow his trailer last Friday. He showed up in the morning with his van and helped me pick up my lawn mower. Now he is a self employed repair man. So I spent the rest of the day as free labor.

I hate to borrow things. And I borrow my things out only to a select few. My Dad told me to always try to avoid borrowing things. And if you did, make sure you bring it back nicer than you received it.