Time to call it quits.

BamaGeorgialine

I and everyone else knows you didn't intend for this to be an anti meat thread brother. And very interesting points as well. Many thanks for sharing.
I myself just thought that part about eating meat was interesting. I got off topic. And to clarify, I'll never stop eating wildgame meat. I was meaning processed meats. Sorry about that

Bow Only

Matt I need mentoring. Just saying.
I told a guy yesterday that was in my old hunting club if he needed some good spots to let me know. I have a GPS full of coordinates that are really good spots. I wouldn't mind guiding or showing youngsters how to hunt. My daughter doesn't care about hunting so I need to pass on what I've learned to someone.

Stickers

I got tired of hunting clubs but I love hunting and hope I can always hunt. I actually missed hunting for five years due to an injury I had to go through therapy and doctor after doctor to help me with my balance walking. Didn’t drive for three years. Still have problems but muCh better now and I thank God every day just to be able to walk and last year was my first year back hunting and boy I was on fire. I felt like I kid again ?. I actually see things a lot different now and I have enjoyed these last two years so much ???

Stealth

Guess it depends what you call good at it. I found I enjoyed bowhunting a lot more when I stopped competing and just enjoyed being in the woods with a bow in my hand. I don't have to shoot a P&Y buck every year. The buck I shoot next year doesn't have to be a bigger buck than last year. I have gotten back to the point where I enjoy being in the woods and thanking God for what he sends me.

Tadder

Well , I aint gonna quit tell I'm gone from here are can't get out there for some unfore seen reason. I try too video my wife and kids every time we go and even myself if they don't go. I get the fever just videoing even when I'm not hunting and they are. It don't madder what deer it is either. I just enjoy being out there. Maybe some day you'll be a Grandpa and you can pass it on to them grand kids. (HOW EVER Long that may be. ) I still got a while I hope before I'm one LOL. (y)

glynr329

As long as I can walk I am going hunting and fishing. I just love outdoors period. I definitely don't do it for the meat although I do enjoy it. I could eat fillet mignon everyday for the money I spend. The last 3 weekends I have been pruning trees and grape Vines. Planting more trees and today had fire breaks put in. It never ends but getting everything ready before fishing and turkey season. Love every minute because it is much better than watching TV. It is not about killing it is about being in nature.

Tadder

I got tired of hunting clubs but I love hunting and hope I can always hunt. I actually missed hunting for five years due to an injury I had to go through therapy and doctor after doctor to help me with my balance walking. Didn’t drive for three years. Still have problems but muCh better now and I thank God every day just to be able to walk and last year was my first year back hunting and boy I was on fire. I felt like I kid again ?. I actually see things a lot different now and I have enjoyed these last two years so much ???
Gods AWESOME, He has BLESSED YOU. Been through a rough patch myself, didn't know if I'd be able too hunt and see may kids do it at one point but God and Prayer brought me threw. Hope this fellar finds his way back too Gods Country. Praying for him. Hope he at least does what he talked about and mentors some kid. Glad you've gotton better.

talisman

Great thread ive been on the same hunting lease for 26 years and I'm getting burned out myself. I think personally that it's getting to expensive too complex to high tech and it seems like it's not near as fun as it use to be

roadkill

I've about lost the fire myself. Leases are too high, and public land is too much trouble to deal with. I find it too easy to tow my boat to the lake, and spend time enjoying the outdoors. I don't have to worry about whether it's doe or buck only days, and can fish anywhere I want to without having to fill out a harvest sheet. I don't have to have help getting my harvest out, and don't have to walk miles to get to the spot I want to go to. Fish are much easier to clean too.

I feel the same way after every deer season. I get it. lol

- High leases
- Low chances at quality bucks
-Arguments over who is paying for corn on the lease...
-Who's stand is whose
- driving far to hunt every weekend

Blaaa blaaa blaaa... Its annoying. I get it. I dont blame anyone for getting out of hunting. In fact I completely understand.

Havana Dude

I could say the same thing. The thought has crossed my mind a few times. Especially since logging has completely transformed the place I hunt. I think about hanging it up during slow periods of deer sightings. BUT I still get that feeling when I see a buck. I have slowed down considerably. Many seasons, I hunted on average 8 out of 10 days throughout the season. I’m probably at about half now. Life deals us changes, and we just have to adapt. I never could see myself slowing down, yet here I am. Good luck to ya in whatever ya find that makes ya happy.

Wayne D Davis

I don't foresee quitting or slowing down in my near future. I was born into it and at 56 I love it just as much as the day my daddy took me on my first hunt. I breathe to hunt. It's what I'll always do.

Latest posts