Times have changed

slow motion

My problem is everything on the trailer is in Spanish. I don’t know what they are selling. See a lot of LEO’s at them.
Google lens. The same way you use your camera to search for images your phone cam can be used to translate.

poohbear

You guys know nothing , try driving a B model Mack with 2 gear shifters and no power steering . You had to stick your left arm through the spokes of steering wheel to hold it straight and grab one shifter and the other with the right. Needless to say there wasn’t time to drink a coke while driving

Dr. Strangelove

It’s changed one extra time. Roach Coach to the on site cooking wagons that put out great food cheap. Now it’s more to eat “food truck” than brick and mortar restaurants.

We went all the time when it was good food cheap, but now that it’s trendy and expensive, we just drive by and say it smells good.
Local one here in Athens is $13+ for a hamburger. It is two patties and it's a good burger, but add fries and you're at $20 with tip. That's a big naw dawg for me.

I remember stopping at them in Florida when I lived there and they were cheap, good eats.

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Most folks probably do okay and summon enough Spanish to order a tasty meal at their local Mexican restaurant, :rofl:

Wonder how many Americans will be able to understand shouted commands and orders from the CCP soldiers......if we don't veer off the course we seem to be on. :huh:

Commands and orders shouted shouted in English ain't never meant much to me, so some foreigner won't even move the needle...

Mars

I learned to drive a manual in my dad's '74 CJ-5.

As far as writing in cursive, I learned it and I was told by all my teachers that I would have to know it to survive as an adult. Clearly that was not the case and I really don't see the point other than signing your name. It's just more difficult to read people's cursive handwriting than print.

Baroque Brass

If it runs I can drive it. Pretty sure I missed my calling as a retired fighter pilot turned race car driver
You flew fighters? That’s just way cool! What did you fly?

Shotgun1

First truckin' I did was a 50s era Ford flat head in front of 4 speed manual with a two speed rear axle. Pulling a thirty 30 ft box trailer No AC just hot air coming thru the side window. It would get so hot pulling a hill you could hardly keep your feet on the floorboard. Wonderful memories.

Lukikus2

Air brakes went out on in a bus I was driving with 50 souls on board. First job I flat out quit.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Always fun teaching people how to drive a standard. I learned in my uncle's f150 @ 10 years old to shift gears.

Got to Germany and all the patrol vehicles were MT Gulfs or VW vans and it was flat out scary trying to teach some to drive on hills.

MTs are almost a special order any more.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Always fun teaching people how to drive a standard. I learned in my uncle's f150 @ 10 years old to shift gears.

Got to Germany and all the patrol vehicles were MT Gulfs or VW vans and it was flat out scary trying to teach some to drive on hills.

MTs are almost a special order any more.
My 12th birthday Dad brought me over to my Grandparent's field, set'n there was a old VW Beetle with no fenders or seats (had a old milk crate with a boat cushion on top tied down to the floorboard behind the steering wheel. There was a Jerry Can on the edge of the field.. he tossed me the key and said.. "Don't leave the field and be able to drive it when I get back." Took me longer to figure out where the gas went more than anything else. When he got back I was do'n those "Rockford Files" turn arounds and had the field ready to plant... wasn't a blade of grass standing. Last time I ever saw that thing. Couple months later he bought a '53 Beetle with a 35hp motor for "us" to pull to deer camp. Wasn't long before everyone in Greene Co. knew to avoid that dirt road... for some reason I didn't kill any deer the next couple of years.

LTZ25

I can drive anything and learned at age of 14 while working at a full service carwash , it was a fun job , we did the dodge/plymonth dealers cars done the street , I can say I drove everything they sold in the good old days . We would spin the tires until we had to slam on the brakes , maybe a total of 30 feet . Toward the end of my carwash career I had a salesman tell me he had a few new super bee's left over from the previous year and I could have one for $2,700.00 but I was financially embarrassed at the time .

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I used to shift my dad’s Van when I was 7years old. He mashed the clutch and I would shift the whole trip.View attachment 1299767
My dad had a 70’s model ford pickup with a 4 on the floor. I’ve got 3 younger brothers. We’d all pile in that thing to go to church. Dad,mom and 4 boys. I’d sit next to my dad and do the shifting. Just watch that clutch pedal. When he pushed it down it was time to shift. I was driving a stick shift Toyota by the time I was 12 or 13. First car had a 4 speed

Lukikus2

My dad had a 70’s model ford pickup with a 4 on the floor. I’ve got 3 younger brothers. We’d all pile in that thing to go to church. Dad,mom and 4 boys. I’d sit next to my dad and do the shifting. Just watch that clutch pedal. When he pushed it down it was time to shift. I was driving a stick shift Toyota by the time I was 12 or 13. First car had a 4 speed

Four on the floor was a hoot when you had three riders in the front :giggle:. Good ole day’s. I wouldn’t even know how to start a Tesla!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Four on the floor was a hoot when you had three riders in the front :giggle:. Good ole day’s. I wouldn’t even know how to start a Tesla!
6 riders. Mom on one side dad on the other,3 toddlers/pre teen in the middle and a baby in my mom’s lap. Long before seat belt and baby seat laws. Do you start a Tesla?