Turkey bill for folks 80 and older introduced

lampern

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Part 1 of Article 1 of Chapter 3 of Title 27 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general provisions relative to hunting, so as to provide that any licensee 80 years of age or older who did not obtain the full 2019 turkey gobbler bag limit may rollover the remaining number of such limit to the 2020 turkey hunting season; to provide for an automatic repealer; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20192020/SB/488

Swamprat

Swamprat
That really makes no sense to me and opens up the possibility of other folks using Grandpaws extra birds as long as he is out there with them in the field.

SCPO

2 more years and I will be 80. 5 years from then I will be able to kill 15 at the rate I have been going last 5 years. :)NOT

FootLongDawg

Please. .What's this gonna mean?...5 more turkeys killed at the most. There ain't that many Jimmy Carter's out there hunting.

strothershwacker

Talk about special interest. Woooweee. This affects how many people? Who's pushing this? And if ye can't kill three in one year what makes ye think your gonna kill more than three the next year? How bout if your 80 years old and accompanied by both of your parents, can you hunt over bait?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Rollover minutes... to rollover turkeys. No help for politicians or those who live under them.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
We do not need anymore special regulations in our hunting laws.

I agree right here with this!!1
And I applaud any and all 80 plus year old turkey hunters!!!! I appreciate all our elders in general period!!
If your 80 and up and your land is good to call in more than your GA. limit of gobblers then bring youngster with you!
No more laws!

jakebuddy

Some senators grandpa just can’t get after them like he used to, talk about a swamp that needs to be drained

Sixes

That is one of the strangest bills that I have ever read dealing with hunting.

On one hand, we have way too many special provisions now for hunting, but on the other hand, if an 80 year old is still out there getting after them, then I say let them have at it and kill what they want. The percentage of octogenarians and above killing birds has to be very very slim

buckpasser

Heck, for 90 and over the limit shall henceforth be 20. The number killed over the normal season limit shall be recorded and taken off of the total season limit of the hunter until fully repaid after they reach the age of 100, prorated at a rate of 3 Toms per season no matter the current limit (at which time will likely be 1 every other year per nonancient hunter brought on by heavy lobbying from turkey hunters of the GON forum believing “something needs to be done!”)

buckpasser

I just wonder how many of the laws we accept now as normal seemed this bizarre at one time??

I think hunting turkeys in the springtime seemed bizarre and unethical to the old timey turkey hunters of old.