We’re there dinosaurs on the Ark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dialer

I was thinking about the history of mankind yesterday, and never ever remember ANY of the sermons I’ve attended ever addressing the cavemen or Neanderthals role in Gods creation. Google say they lived in Africa some 400,000 years ago. I did find on there, that the “cavemen” WERE descendants of Adam and Eve. Does that mean that animals like giraffes, elephants, horses and such were around 7500 years ago that were rescued on the Ark, or were they all dinosaurs like the Wooly Mammoth or T-Rex? And why don’t the scholars educate us more on how these massive animals and Neanderthals fit into the Bible and the Ark?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
There's lots of folk who just can't handle the answer to that question for a whole variety of reasons.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the Ark story is set long, long after there were "cavemen" or Neanderthals, mammoths, or dinosaurs. Animal life on earth would have been the same as it is now at that time. And humans.
The "cavemen" and Neanderthals mostly lived in Europe and western Asia. The Neanderthals are named after the Neander Valley in Germany where they were first discovered.

And the scholars do educate us a lot on how these animals and Neanderthals fit into the scheme of history. Some folks don't want to hear about it, though.

oldfella1962

I was thinking about the history of mankind yesterday, and never ever remember ANY of the sermons I’ve attended ever addressing the cavemen or Neanderthals role in Gods creation. Google say they lived in Africa some 400,000 years ago. I did find on there, that the “cavemen” WERE descendants of Adam and Eve. Does that mean that animals like giraffes, elephants, horses and such were around 7500 years ago that were rescued on the Ark, or were they all dinosaurs like the Wooly Mammoth or T-Rex? And why don’t the scholars educate us more on how these massive animals and Neanderthals fit into the Bible and the Ark?
Google is a great starting point for research on this subject, but stay away from the Answers in Genesis "scientists". Anywho, dinosaurs were extinct millions of years before humans evolved so if there were an Ark (spoiler alert there was not) dinosaurs wouldn't be around by bible times. Some scholars will try to explain how dinosaurs could have been on the Ark, but it's ridiculous. Again, Answers in Genesis is an organization of apologists whose members made the Creation Museum and the Noah's Ark Encounter in Kentucky.

Bottom line, Neanderthals were another species of hominid similar to Homo Sapiens AKA "humans" that died out 50,000 years or so ago and lived at the same time humans were around. We did interbreed at times, and many people of European & Asian ancestry have up to 3 percent Neanderthal or Denisovan (another hominid species) DNA! Anybody who is straight-up African - as in their ancestors never associated with Neanderthals - do not have any Neanderthal DNA.

Of course the bible says god created humans out of clay/dirt and breathed life into them. Other religions have different creation stories. Regardless, science says otherwise.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
In the end, both creation and evolution require one to accept
A certain amount of unverifiable presumptions. The more I delve into evolution the more problems I see. There’s an ever growing growing number of highly educated people who feel the same, and many are secular. To some extent evolution is like Covid in that unless a researcher is towing the party line they are never gonna get funding, but unlike Covid this has been going on with evolution for 2 generations. The reason: it’s the only game in town. There are no competing theories, you have creation and you have big bang evolution. That’s it.

oldfella1962

Answers in Genesis does a good job answering it from a biblical worldview but if you believe you were created by nothing just Google it.
Science doesn't believe we were created by nothing. We just don't know the origin of the condensed state that expanded rapidly.
To be fair christianity also doesn't believe we were created by nothing, since god is (obviously) something.

All theorizing is (for now) based on these two opposing worldviews:
1. Supernatural
2. Natural

Thousands of years from now who knows what developments may arise that make both worldviews obsolete? :unsure: Personally I don't know the "absolute truth" (nobody does) but I know where I won't find it within my lifetime: one holy book (the bible) from one religion out of many religions.

WaltL1

Google is a great starting point for research on this subject, but stay away from the Answers in Genesis "scientists". Anywho, dinosaurs were extinct millions of years before humans evolved so if there were an Ark (spoiler alert there was not) dinosaurs wouldn't be around by bible times. Some scholars will try to explain how dinosaurs could have been on the Ark, but it's ridiculous. Again, Answers in Genesis is an organization of apologists whose members made the Creation Museum and the Noah's Ark Encounter in Kentucky.

Bottom line, Neanderthals were another species of hominid similar to Homo Sapiens AKA "humans" that died out 50,000 years or so ago and lived at the same time humans were around. We did interbreed at times, and many people of European & Asian ancestry have up to 3 percent Neanderthal or Denisovan (another hominid species) DNA! Anybody who is straight-up African - as in their ancestors never associated with Neanderthals - do not have any Neanderthal DNA.

Of course the bible says god created humans out of clay/dirt and breathed life into them. Other religions have different creation stories. Regardless, science says otherwise.
Answers in Genesis
Ive never seen a website that takes advantage of a Christian's beliefs like they ^ do.
It baffles me that folks actually take them seriously.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
In the end, both creation and evolution require one to accept
A certain amount of unverifiable presumptions. The more I delve into evolution the more problems I see. There’s an ever growing growing number of highly educated people who feel the same, and many are secular. To some extent evolution is like Covid in that unless a researcher is towing the party line they are never gonna get funding, but unlike Covid this has been going on with evolution for 2 generations. The reason: it’s the only game in town. There are no competing theories, you have creation and you have big bang evolution. That’s it.
I can see evolution at work in person.

WaltL1

Answers in Genesis does a good job answering it from a biblical worldview but if you believe you were created by nothing just Google it.
Sounds exactly like something Answers in Genesis would peddle to Christians.

buckpasser

Google is ALWAYS accurate and the way most authenticated research is conducted.

On a slightly different subject, have y’all seen exactly what goes into these “fossilized skeleton” displays? They are around 1% bone fragment, 49% bondo and 50% imagination! For some, FAITH in God is impossible, while faith in imaginary “science” (that changes like the wind) is the foundation for all truth.

If God is so fake, so fabricated, and so unbelievable…Just don’t believe. Why keep the nonstop back patting going in here? Do you have doubts? Need reassurance from others? Weak? I think yes, yes and certainly yes.

WaltL1

Google is ALWAYS accurate and the way most authenticated research is conducted.

On a slightly different subject, have y’all seen exactly what goes into these “fossilized skeleton” displays? They are around 1% bone fragment, 49% bondo and 50% imagination! For some, FAITH in God is impossible, while faith in imaginary “science” (that changes like the wind) is the foundation for all truth.

If God is so fake, so fabricated, and so unbelievable…Just don’t believe. Why keep the nonstop back patting going in here? Do you have doubts? Need reassurance from others? Weak? I think yes, yes and certainly yes.
I dont know a single AA who claims that FAITH in God is impossible.
In fact we constantly agree that FAITH is all there is.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I guess if Gophers tortoises armadillos where on the ark. Then they had a dinosaur.

buckpasser

I dont know a single AA who claims that FAITH in God is impossible.
In fact we constantly agree that FAITH is all there is.

Not Faith for all. Faith for YOU.

WaltL1

Not Faith for all. Faith for YOU.
I dont think I'm catching on to your point? Are you saying its impossible for an AA to have faith in God?
Also -
while faith in imaginary "science" (that changes like the wind) is the foundation for all truth.
I dont think you have accurate info on what all AAs believe about science.

buckpasser

I dont think I'm catching on to your point? Are you saying its impossible for an AA to have faith in God?
Also -

I dont think you have accurate info on what all AAs believe about science.

Pretty simple. You, WaltL1, do not have faith in God. It is not possible for you, by your thinking to have it, therefore impossible.

I feel comfortable with my accuracy. I’m not blind. I don’t attempt to speak for the condition of ALL AAs. Just the ones I know personally and read the garbage of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.