We’re there dinosaurs on the Ark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltL1

Pretty simple. You, WaltL1, do not have faith in God. It is not possible for you, by your thinking to have it, therefore impossible.

I feel comfortable with my accuracy. I’m not blind. I don’t attempt to speak for the condition of ALL AAs. Just the ones I know personally and read the garbage of here.
Pretty simple. You, WaltL1, do not have faith in God. It is not possible for you, by your thinking to have it, therefore impossible.
Well yeah thats true. If I had faith in God I would be a Christain not an AA.
However I did have faith in God for many years.
Its not "impossible" for me to have faith again. I assume God could easily convince me. Impossible for man to convince me? Yes.

buckpasser

Well yeah thats true. If I had faith in God I would be a Christain not an AA.
However I did have faith in God for many years.
Its not "impossible" for me to have faith again. I assume God could easily convince me. Impossible for man to convince me? Yes.

I could argue it will take more that even yourself to have faith again, but I hope you do.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Answers in Genesis does a good job answering it from a biblical worldview but if you believe you were created by nothing just Google it.
Have you ever actually talked to anyone that stated that they believe they were created by "nothing"?

The ONLY people that I have ever heard say such a dumb thing are Creationists. They assert that other people believe that they were created by "nothing" because the minds of Creationists are too closed to realize that there are other plausible "Something's" that could be responsible.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Google is ALWAYS accurate and the way most authenticated research is conducted.

On a slightly different subject, have y’all seen exactly what goes into these “fossilized skeleton” displays? They are around 1% bone fragment, 49% bondo and 50% imagination! For some, FAITH in God is impossible, while faith in imaginary “science” (that changes like the wind) is the foundation for all truth.

If God is so fake, so fabricated, and so unbelievable…Just don’t believe. Why keep the nonstop back patting going in here? Do you have doubts? Need reassurance from others? Weak? I think yes, yes and certainly yes.
So IF The Ark were to be found do you expect it to be intact and in perfect seaworthy shape for display?
Or
IF The Ark were found and it was to be displayed in it's full Glory do you think that some of the original intact pieces could be used to not only be part of the display but also give us clues as to how to replicate the missing pieces out of new material?

oldfella1962

Ive never seen a website that takes advantage of a Christian's beliefs like they ^ do.
It baffles me that folks actually take them seriously.
Because most believers probably don't really dig into the credentials of their "experts". They might think "hey look! Christianity has scientists too - they must know what they're talking about" but in all actuality this is not the case. Matter-of-fact every scientist/scholar/historian/ etc. employed by AIG has to sign an agreement that NO MATTER WHAT - AT THE END OF THE DAY - their "findings" cannot disagree with scripture. :cautious: Sorry kids, that's not science when you begin your studies with a known conclusion, or at the least an altered conclusion.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

On a slightly different subject, have y’all seen exactly what goes into these “fossilized skeleton” displays? They are around 1% bone fragment, 49% bondo and 50% imagination! For some, FAITH in God is impossible, while faith in imaginary “science” (that changes like the wind) is the foundation for all truth.

If God is so fake, so fabricated, and so unbelievable…Just don’t believe. Why keep the nonstop back patting going in here? Do you have doubts? Need reassurance from others? Weak? I think yes, yes and certainly yes.
If God is real, just believe. Why keep on back patting here, upstairs, every night, and sometimes twice on Sundays?
Shaken faith? Weak and need constant reassurrance from others?
Sounds like a bunch of "Yes's" there too.

oldfella1962

I can see evolution at work in person.
I agree! The irony is when believers say "the wonders of nature illustrate god's wonderful diversity" and so forth. The more you dig into the "wonderful diversity" the more you see how the process of evolution works, and that no species is a "finished product" to include humans. Granted some apologetics - and even sincere christians with no interest in being an aologetic - believe in "intelligent design" which IMHO is just a theory to rectify any cognitive dissonance between the biblical worldview and the scientific worldview.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The job Answers In Genesis does as a spokesperson for Religion is the equivalent of the job KJP does as a spokesperson for Biden.

oldfella1962

Then don't use google - there are other search engines. They can assist you in a better understanding of the fossil record. Does science change constantly? That's the point! :) If science finds more evidence, or better ways to test & run experiments, and thus they find out that they were wrong about something (or incomplete in their findings) and why they were wrong then they can keep searching. BTW scientists do indeed have "faith". :)
They have faith in THE SCIENTIFIC PROCESS that - if practiced properly - works EVERY SINGLE TIME. They know it's not imaginary and can prove it to those willing to listen, and anyone willing to listen can understand it with NO FAITH REQUIRED. ;) And here's the best part - there is ONLY ONE scientific process! Yes, the ENTIRE SCIENTIFIC WORLD has faith in ONLY ONE process that has been around about as long as christianity has been around.
My point? There are countless "gods" around the world and nearly all claim - they have FAITH - that they are the ONLY ONE that is the real deal. Any conclusions they draw from their holy books are generally in opposition to the other religions.

oldfella1962

I dont know a single AA who claims that FAITH in God is impossible.
In fact we constantly agree that FAITH is all there is.
Indeed, I look at it like this: most people are naturally skeptical and think that "I"LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT". The religious/faith worldview is
"I'LL SEE IT WHEN I BELIEVE IT". ;) In other words of course you will see/interpret/accept whatever you believe if you really believe it to be true.
Taken far enough ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE if it can be imagined. But that's just not reality no matter how badly we want it to be true.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Indeed, I look at it like this: most people are naturally skeptical and think that "I"LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT". The religious/faith worldview is
"I'LL SEE IT WHEN I BELIEVE IT". ;) In other words of course you will see/interpret/accept whatever you believe if you really believe it to be true.
Taken far enough ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE if it can be imagined. But that's just not reality no matter how badly we want it to be true.
And outside of religion, the religious are generally as skeptical as everyone else about everything else.

buckpasser

So IF The Ark were to be found do you expect it to be intact and in perfect seaworthy shape for display?
Or
IF The Ark were found and it was to be displayed in it's full Glory do you think that some of the original intact pieces could be used to not only be part of the display but also give us clues as to how to replicate the missing pieces out of new material?

I don’t need the ark, or expect to see it, but nice try in protecting the “process” the “scientists” use. Haha!

buckpasser

If God is real, just believe. Why keep on back patting here, upstairs, every night, and sometimes twice on Sundays?
Shaken faith? Weak and need constant reassurrance from others?
Sounds like a bunch of "Yes's" there too.

That must be it. Carry on with the club of nonmembers.

buckpasser

Then don't use google - there are other search engines. They can assist you in a better understanding of the fossil record. Does science change constantly? That's the point! :) If science finds more evidence, or better ways to test & run experiments, and thus they find out that they were wrong about something (or incomplete in their findings) and why they were wrong then they can keep searching. BTW scientists do indeed have "faith". :)
They have faith in THE SCIENTIFIC PROCESS that - if practiced properly - works EVERY SINGLE TIME. They know it's not imaginary and can prove it to those willing to listen, and anyone willing to listen can understand it with NO FAITH REQUIRED. ;) And here's the best part - there is ONLY ONE scientific process! Yes, the ENTIRE SCIENTIFIC WORLD has faith in ONLY ONE process that has been around about as long as christianity has been around.
My point? There are countless "gods" around the world and nearly all claim - they have FAITH - that they are the ONLY ONE that is the real deal. Any conclusions they draw from their holy books are generally in opposition to the other religions.

You have it all figured out. If you’re comfortable with your position, stick with it.

buckpasser

That’s a great illustration. Earth as well as all of the planets (even the ones they “discovered” then “undiscovered”) were always exactly what they were. “Science” keeps changing, and will discredit itself again and again. BTW, there’s about to be a heat wave, or was it ice age? Caused by greenhouse gases, or was it solar flares, or maybe the shifting polar magnetic field? Anyway, don’t stop believing!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don’t need the ark, or expect to see it, but nice try in protecting the “process” the “scientists” use. Haha!
Do you buy your children puzzles, coloring books, or let them draw connect the dots ?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I didn't ask you if you needed the Ark. I asked you if you think that if the Ark was ever found would it be intact.
If yes why?
If no why?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That’s a great illustration. Earth as well as all of the planets (even the ones they “discovered” then “undiscovered”) were always exactly what they were. “Science” keeps changing, and will discredit itself again and again. BTW, there’s about to be a heat wave, or was it ice age? Caused by greenhouse gases, or was it solar flares, or maybe the shifting polar magnetic field? Anyway, don’t stop believing!
Did you actually look at the pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.