What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sghoghunter

Bout the most I done today that had anything to do with hunting was finished bunching up a pile of trees and brush so it’ll finish burning down so I can get the pine trees set out

Nimrod71

I have been looking at buying a limb pruning saw. What I found was, those things are not cheap. I am having a hard time justifying buying one right now at the price they cost. I want a new rifle and scope and I can't afford both. I am sure my wife is going to push me to get the limb saw since we need to trim the drive way trees at the farm. I was told I could change the head on my Stihl weedeater and buy just the chain saw head for it, I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I stayed in out of the rain. Plus, rested up to hit those food plots the next good day we have. Hope to find another arrowhead. Rain sure brings them out in plowed ground

Attachments

• 17158983_10206654289555670_6903266701566902113_o.jpg
    17158983_10206654289555670_6903266701566902113_o.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 30

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have been looking at buying a limb pruning saw. What I found was, those things are not cheap. I am having a hard time justifying buying one right now at the price they cost. I want a new rifle and scope and I can't afford both. I am sure my wife is going to push me to get the limb saw since we need to trim the drive way trees at the farm. I was told I could change the head on my Stihl weedeater and buy just the chain saw head for it, I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Don't remember what was paid for it, but we've been using a hooyeman electric limb saw for probably 6 years now. We have the longest extension and 2 batteries. Keep it oiled and charged and it's never let us down.

Bubba broke something on it and reached out to buy a replacement and the fella sent him a new one free of charge too.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I guess I have officially taken over my sons PSE.....he’s got no desire and wants me to have it so I guess it’s mine......it’s a bitter sweet dilemmafacepalm: I switched over the 3 pin from the 5 pin with light......it’s sweet but 5 pins is too much for me. After a few rounds this am I increased the draw length half an inch and it sure steadied the pins. It’s dead on at 20, 30, & 40 and both of my mechanicals fly just like field points

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Piddling with a ladder stand getting it ready to put up. Hopefully my grandson will help me install it soon.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Weather broke off nice and I had a day off at same time.

Picked the bow up for 1st time since season ended. Shot a dozen arrows into a waterlogged target .

Good to be back

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Counting down to next Wednesday and my 2nd shot. Thursday 3/11 is my break out of jail day and I'm headed to the woods. Hope it don't rain!

Status
Not open for further replies.