What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfish

Looked at the weather and decided that Wednesday and Thursday are going to be great days since the morning lows are in the 40's.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Sat in my man-room and looked over a lifetime collection of deer hunting stuff. Also watched the Kevin Costner movie “The Guardian”
I’m gonna clean this place up one day and take some pictures to share.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
My son gave me a basket and some heavy duty rubber strap mounts for Christmas. I mounted them today on my golf cart.
The straps are just right for my pole saws.
Gotta get ready. Season will be here before you know it. ?E5FA43D4-1403-40C6-812E-45D123096A4D.jpegD5C227BA-D5FD-412F-A7E9-3384F2E594CF.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My son gave me a basket and some heavy duty rubber strap mounts for Christmas. I mounted them today on my golf cart.
The straps are just right for my pole saws.
Gotta get ready. Season will be here before you know it. ?View attachment 1127862View attachment 1127863
That’s sweet and that pups ready to go too!
I got my new merino base layers from Midway and plan to try them put in the am. I’m still hunting but scouting new ground. I got a new pack of tacks in case I find the right trees too.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Unloaded my hunting equipment, now the truck needs cleaning a bit. I've seen better deer seasons even though I did get four deer, my personal limit. It was too warm, and there was acorns and green browse everywhere. Deer didn't need to move much to keep the rumen full. Most would lay up and chew the cud. While we sat in stands munching on snacks. lol

bany

Just got on stand for the second time today! Xbow. Been getting down at dark thirty to walk thru doe lately.

MYRX

I rebuilt the carb on my 2000 Honda Fourtrax yesterday. She fired right-up. That ATV has carried a lot of deer out of the woods for me. Today, I hope the shrink tube I ordered to repair my API climbing stand chain shows up.

I also started my serious diet this morning. (obviously i did not yesterday because of the big football game). Decided I was too fat this past deer season. I am pushing 68 and need to loose about 15 pounds and get in shape. 185 is my goal. Have not been at that weight since I was 40.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Camo is packed up, processing equipment is cleaned and stored, stand removal coming soon.
Walked my small 40 acre plot today, chopped down and sprayed some privet that’s trying to make a stand. Made mental plans for more sweet gum removal. 2 weeks ago had me clearing areas around some white and swamp chestnut oaks. Have to keep reminding myself the work will provide great benefits to wildlife in the near future.
Developing year round food sources and cover out of an open hardwood bottom is a task.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Walked around in a plot for a few minutes to make sure a shed wasn’t shining . Several people in my area say they are dropping , me personally think it’s a month to early . Filled up a spin feeder with corn and a couple trough’s with peanuts . About to get serious and really help my deer and put some steel in the ground and see if I can’t remove a few coyotes and coons

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm sulking because the season is over and it's cold outside.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I ordered more stuff. New cord for prussiks some g hooks for my saddle leg straps and kydex hook to hold my platform. Got a new carabiner coming too. It’s never ending!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts