What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dang

DANG !!!
I’m hopin back on this one. Been on my usual fishing hiatus. Ready for fall to just get here!! Pulled out my pack and made a list of everything that needs re-ordered! Game bags, spare batteries, havalon blades, etc. it’ll be here before we know it!!

ditchdoc24

Got an email notification that my new broadheads have shipped and ordered a half dozen arrows. Trying to boost my FOC so I need a little time to make sure everything is tuned before the season hits.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Had a mishap shooting the bow a few days ago. The cable clip for my fall away rest broke and I lost 3 arrows before I realized what was happening. I may have taken too much time off.
I got new clips coming and about to place an order for a dozen arrows. Wally World doesn’t have mine in stock so I’m gonna try another kind I found online…..they are supposed to be spine aligned.
I’m pretty wiped out after last week and may not get off the couch today, but I just picked up the next two Wednesdays as well………gotta pay to play

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Got an email notification that my new broadheads have shipped and ordered a half dozen arrows. Trying to boost my FOC so I need a little time to make sure everything is tuned before the season hits.
Doc I put 100 grain inserts in mine which is why I’m using 350 spine arrows. Even though I’m only pulling about 53#. I get no tail wagging at all and my FOC is good. I just need a good target and I should be able to hit it

dang

DANG !!!
Ordered a rooftop tent and bed rails for my truck. My thought is the mini-mobile camp is gonna make my 2:30a wakeups a thing of the past and i'll save a decent bit of gas this season WMA hopping. Should be a fun season!!!

ditchdoc24

Doc I put 100 grain inserts in mine which is why I’m using 350 spine arrows. Even though I’m only pulling about 53#. I get no tail wagging at all and my FOC is good. I just need a good target and I should be able to hit it

I'm pulling 60# but my DL is only 27.5" so I'm having to fiddle with it a bit. I've been watching the Ranch Fairy channel on YT and the things he's saying about heavy arrows is making a lot of sense to me. I've not been pleased with the performance of expandables I've used in the past so I'm trying this approach. I tried building my own arrows last year and didn't do a very good job. I ordered a half dozen of the Supernovas from Sirius Archery and I ordered some 200grn broadheads to go with them. I plan on doing a bunch of tuning over the summer. I may only get into bow range on a doe this fall but it'll be a good test.

deast1988

Got two bushnell cellucore-20s into the woods for the maiden test. Got 2 reveals into the woods also, been trickling salt off an on since last December so got established holes they are on and watching. Did a lil snooping to see if I could locate another spot to trim some branches and maybe do a set.

DeucesWild

Freshened up my mineral lick with a trophy rock and put a trail camera on it. Lot of activity on it at the moment. Was nice being in the woods this morning after the recent rain we’ve had.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Ordered a rooftop tent and bed rails for my truck. My thought is the mini-mobile camp is gonna make my 2:30a wakeups a thing of the past and i'll save a decent bit of gas this season WMA hopping. Should be a fun season!!!
Dang you gotta post up some pics when you set this thing up!! Shoot yeah!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I saw two fawns and momma in my back yard yesterday afternoon!! Woohoo! Last year 2 fawns were dropped inside the next door neighbors chain link fenced backyard. I wish they were inside the fence again, but at least they should stay close by. I’m gonna go get momma some salt and freshen up my backyard lick……I’ll put a camera on it now too!

dang

DANG !!!
Ordered a coffee press attachment for my jet boil so I can have hot coffee in the mornings. I can’t survive without coffee. May prove to be the single greatest piece of hunting gear I own by the end of the season ;)

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Checking cameras, noticed some great antler growth for this far south in Ga. One buck has a lot of junk growing down around the bases. Wish I could get a photo, but this puter doesn't have a SD card slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.