What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

shaun2733

When I was a boy and hunting with my dad a hot airballon quietly glided into the top of the tree we were in, came from behind us... then the guy pulled the heat thingy and we both about jumped out of the tree!

GusGus

All I ever see when Im hunting is dogs. But I do have a pretty cool fishing experience. I was fishing a seasonal trout stream down the road from the house. I was under the bridge fishing a swift moving spot. I heard something splashing so I looked over and saw a circle of rocks. I figured a fish had gotten stuck in the water inside those rocks and I was just going to pick it up. Well when I got over to it, it was a cottonmouth with a fish in its mouth. So I was just admiring the whole deal because I hadnt seen anything like that before. All of a sudden a coyote or mangy dog one, came out of nowhere picked up snake, fish, and all and ran off. It was pretty cool, but I have to admit it did shake me up for a minute.

Buck Nasty

I found my friend who decided to committ suicide in Morgan County back in the early 90's. It was not a good time for our hunting club. Pretty much ruined the atmosphere of the camp that weekend....nobody could rejoin the club after that. Its crazy how word of mouth gets out so fast on a Friday night in Morgan County...there was a line of cars driving by to check out the blue lights on a back road!!!

Actually it was a very long day since he actually shot himself late in the morning and we did not find him until that night....LONG STORY!!!!!!

I never got to thank the Morgan County's Sherriff's Department and their handling of the whole situation...it was a very long night and they treated us with much respect and sympathy and did their jobs like true professionals. They had to investigate it as a potential accidential shooting and homocide until they were sure of what happend. Questioned everyone in the camp, confiscated every gun, and re-asked questions......but after about 3 hours on the scene they gave us back the guns...but none of us hunted the next day.

spring

I was on a very strenuous elk hunt in 1991 and we had been humping in the steep Colorado mountains almost all day, We finally made it to the top of one mountain and were truly exhausted. I looked over in the mountain stream up in this desolate spot and was stunned when I saw 5 beers in the cold clear water. We felt like we were in a television commercial! The beers were wonderful and we figured they had been left there from the previous season. We did save one for the guys in camp just so they'd believe our crazy story.

ruger man

i was in pa deer hunting and found mossberg 835 12 guage in the middle of the woods i picked it up and was still loaded with 4 shells 2 days latter i read the newspaper and found out that a robbery took place and they were looking for the owners gun that was takin it just happened to be a mossberg 835 12 guage so i turned it over to the cops who then accused me of the robbery and attempted murder so i spent 2 nights in jail till they released me and cleared me of eveything

fulldraw74

i was in pa deer hunting and found mossberg 835 12 guage in the middle of the woods i picked it up and was still loaded with 4 shells 2 days latter i read the newspaper and found out that a robbery took place and they were looking for the owners gun that was takin it just happened to be a mossberg 835 12 guage so i turned it over to the cops who then accused me of the robbery and attempted murder so i spent 2 nights in jail till they released me and cleared me of eveything

:hair::hair::hair:

awsome reward for a good deed huh?:crazy:

slip

Retired Moderator

wow, way to say "thank you for being a honest person"
huh?:crazy:

gobblingghost

The weirdest thing i have heard about a buddy of mine and his brother in law was fishing a local river and saw a floating cooler tied to a tree. The brother in law wanted to go get the cooler but my buddy knew not to touch it. He told him its none of our business and these folks around here don't mind hurting someone messing with their stuff. So they left it and floated back down to their truck. When they got back land there was a 12 ga double barrel with a note stuck in the barrel "Thanks for minding your own business"

jason bales

Banned
i found a glow in the dark mug that said margarita and had a haloween theme about it right under my stand, leaves alot of questions

WCK85

You should have sued somebody for that one.

trophy-1

i found a blue tarp tied up with a tent under it had can food- clothes -a bible -and girly magazines.in it on my deer lease.musthave been a mexican hide out or some thing

letsgohuntin

The weirdest thing i have heard about a buddy of mine and his brother in law was fishing a local river and saw a floating cooler tied to a tree. The brother in law wanted to go get the cooler but my buddy knew not to touch it. He told him its none of our business and these folks around here don't mind hurting someone messing with their stuff. So they left it and floated back down to their truck. When they got back land there was a 12 ga double barrel with a note stuck in the barrel "Thanks for minding your own business"

so any guesses to what was up with this?

BirdNut

I found a cemetery that I thought was first a slave cemetery in Oconee National Forest. It has one very elaborate grave and lots of smaller graves. Some marked with both head and foot stones. Most not even marked. I can’t remember the letters carved in the markers. Went their once to show it to some one right after the NFS burned the area over. When they did this you could tell by the depressions in the ground that the cemetery covered the whole ridge with hundreds of graves.

The next year the AJC ran an article on the cemetery saying it was from the revolutionary war. A spot where our soldiers had wintered over.

Is it this one? The markers, of which there are 4 around the larger crypt all say R.S. which is rather strange to all be marked the same, unless of course the R.S stands for Revolutionary Soldier(s).

Attachments

• IMG00242.jpg
    IMG00242.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 3,507
  • IMG00243.jpg
    IMG00243.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 3,576
  • IMG00244.jpg
    IMG00244.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 3,586

birddog316

[/QUOTE]
I also found a spot that had 10-12 USED tampons hanging about 2-3 feet off the ground in the trees. This was also in the Oconee NF. Got the heck out of there since I didn't know if it was some kind of devil worship thing or something.[/QUOTE]

I imagine this might have been someone's lazy idea of baiting bear...when those things gets few days to a week old and ripe they smell just like rotted dead fish and the added smell of blood...don't know a bear that wouldn't turn its nose up at rotten dead anything smell