Which broadhead do you use and why?

James12

I like the G5 Montec because they fly great and are very accurate from my bow. My theory is you must hit the target before any other factors come into play. I prefer the carbon model as they’re easier to sharpen. I like simple.

What setup do you shout?

swampwise42

Qad exodus 125 grain swept, anything Magnus, NAP thunderhead. They sharp, they fly well, they put em down quick. Have Rages and Rage knockoffs but never shot them at an animal. Maybe next year.

wesedenfield

100g 2" Swhacker expandable.

Shooting these because they fly identical to field tips. Might have to be pickier on shot placement but they are very effective. Big fixed blades can be tuned to group with field tips but may not be as forgiving should your form not be perfect in the stand(why i dont shoot them)...that being said, they penetrate much better thru bone.

Whitefeather

Management Material
X2 on 100grain Swhacker.
1. Fly exactly like field tips
2. Simple open on impact design, never fail to deploy
3. Reasonable price
4. Most importantly they are lethal.

I switched to them about 6 years ago and will never go back to fixed blades. Every deer I’ve shot with them went down in sight.

the Lackster

Rage chisel tip extreme for me. I have killed probably 8 or 10 with them and have zero complaints thus far. Screenshot_20220105-183606_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220104-213856_Gallery.jpg

finnhunter

When I found out the G5 Montecs (100gr) could be resharpened I switched to those. I really wish I could find a larger cutting fixed broadhead that could be resharpened. I'm sure there are plenty around. I'd love to hear what y'all shoot.
Have you thought about the 125 gr G5's? That's what I use. They are a bit larger than the 100 grain. Not by much, but they've worked great for me over the years.

alwayslookin

Slick Trick and VPA 150 grain. All steel and tough as they comeIMG_0443.JPG. Guess I've been using them for a while (date on pic) lol

Qazaq15

X2 on 100grain Swhacker.
1. Fly exactly like field tips
2. Simple open on impact design, never fail to deploy
3. Reasonable price
4. Most importantly they are lethal.

I switched to them about 6 years ago and will never go back to fixed blades. Every deer I’ve shot with them went down in sight.

They're easy to fix too. I had one blade get bent when it hit dirt after a pass thru. I bent it back with a table vice, sharpened it, and it was good to go.

bilgerat

Senior
Muzzy trocar 3 blades.Ive been using them for years and never seen a need to change, tough as nails and deadly.

ILbowhntr

Broadheads are my Achilles heal. I can not leave well enough alone.
Shot close to 20 different heads over the years.
Heads that failed for me, 2 mechanicals. Hypodermic and a Spitfire.
Shot Muzzy 3 blade for years. Took probably 20 deer and 9 African animals. Zero issues. Blades not as good as they used to be.
ViperTrick for several years, but quality went downhill too.
Shot VPA last couple years, hard on deer and hogs.
Back to Magnus Buzzcuts this year. I keep drifting back to them.
Looking to pick up some 125 heads to finish out my elk arrow. Seriously considering the QAD Exodus full. Like I said, can’t leave it alone.

toolmkr20

125gr Rage 3-blade. Best heads on the market and just like Antharper said I’ve never had a failure with Rage.

James12

Here’s some G5 Megameat love

Attachments

• F86926AC-8F3D-49DD-A5F2-5BA8A7061863.png
    F86926AC-8F3D-49DD-A5F2-5BA8A7061863.png
    894.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 91F88F2D-9D34-46F9-831D-0DBBF72558F1.png
    91F88F2D-9D34-46F9-831D-0DBBF72558F1.png
    938.4 KB · Views: 30

BOWFINWHITT

I use a vortex 100 hr 2 1/2" cut or a dead ringer super freak 2 1/4" cut been shooting these since late 90s. And I try to shoot center body that way if I do hit gut or liver I will find the next day . Double lung and you'll hear the deer go down if you don't see it fall. Works for me.

German Kinetic and Grizzly Stick 125XL. Why: 1.5 cut solid broadhead on a paper wheel for 2 minutes is the sharpest broadhead I have ever seen. Shot a 190 lb. buck, pulled it out of the dirt and it still shaves.

Gut_Pile

Still really liking the Magnus Black Hornet Ser Razor in 125 gr

Believe I am at 8 deer total with them and all 8 have been pass through. Total arrow weight is 585gr so that helps as well.