Why does God allow Evil?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Evil is rampant because God is using it in his creation for his purpose. He does not want me to combat it every second of every day. There, I explained it.

I agree.

I do not have a problem in saying God created, allowed or caused evil. He is the sovereign Ruler of his creation.

This

Honest no excuse answers. I might not agree but I can respect the line of thought.

StriperAddict

Adam went on his own? From what? Freedom from God?

Precisely.
Evil begins when we believe we can have our needs met without dependence on Abba Father. Adam concluded that the fruit Eve gave him was "good", a "goodness" that he deemed beter than the spoken word of God. The wages of this "sin" was spiritual death... carried on thru all creation, and needing A Saviour to redeem.

gemcgrew

Precisely.
Evil begins when we believe we can have our needs met without dependence on Abba Father. Adam concluded that the fruit Eve gave him was "good", a "goodness" that he deemed beter than the spoken word of God. The wages of this "sin" was spiritual death... carried on thru all creation, and needing A Saviour to redeem.

"Freedom from God?" So Adam was created by God but in such a way as to be a separate entity and no longer under God's dominion? Equal footing with God? Is that what you are saying?

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
"Freedom from God?" So Adam was created by God but in such a way as to be a separate entity and no longer under God's dominion? Equal footing with God? Is that what you are saying?

No! I don't see him saying that at all.

Here's some facts.

1. God created mankind(Adam) in His own image.
a. Then He created Eve from Adam.
b. God created them exactly the way He wanted them.

2. According to Gen 3 God created each of them with the capacity to disobey Him.
God gave them His commandment, they disobeyed His commandment.

3. 11 And God said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?” God told them not to.... but they did.
4. 13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” There's only two humans in existance, and God asked what they've been up to. He obviously knew before He asked.
5. 17 Then to Adam God said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it.........’;
God said: "You've disobeyed Me."

*I think Striperaddict was holding Adam accountable, just as God Himself held Adam accountable.

Now the question: Why did God allow evil into the world? Why did God create Adam and Eve with the ability to be disobedient to Him?

He was obviously disobedient. God was obviously angry, and God punished Adam.

And so is it misguided to harbor a desire to get to heaven, find Adam, and punch him right in the nose?

Truth be told it wouldn't be much different if it was the story of Charlie and Eve. Maybe worse.

We are created in his image, and yet the true depth of the capacity for treachery within our human heart defies rationale measurement. It may be the hard place we stand next to, with the rock on the other. God wired us for natural desire to be in
relationship with the Father, the rock. Our imperfection, the hard place, perhaps underscores our need for Jesus Christ.

Don't know why evil exists. His ways are above our ways and I'm finding it easier to just accept that.

gemcgrew

Here's some facts.

1. God created mankind(Adam) in His own image.
a. Then He created Eve from Adam.
b. God created them exactly the way He wanted them.

2. According to Gen 3 God created each of them with the capacity to disobey Him.
God gave them His commandment, they disobeyed His commandment.
I agree. The disobedience was purposed by God according to his divine will and purpose.

*I think Striperaddict was holding Adam accountable, just as God Himself held Adam accountable.
Adam is accountable. God in his sovereignty, made Adam accountable.

Now the question: Why did God allow evil into the world? Why did God create Adam and Eve with the ability to be disobedient to Him?

He was obviously disobedient. God was obviously angry, and God punished Adam.
The answer to the 'Why?" is clear. Purposed by God.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I agree. The disobedience was purposed by God according to his divine will and purpose.

Adam is accountable. God in his sovereignty, made Adam accountable.
The answer to the 'Why?" is clear. Purposed by God.

Never mind!

bubbaofga

Banned
Adam was influenced to do evil by Eve. Eve was influenced to do evil by Satan. All three evil doers had a choice not to listen to the preceding or in Satan's choice himself.
This scenario proves that there has to be an opposite to good being evil. To love God there has to be a way to hate God, etc.
This is the basis for the whole free will concept. God can't make you love him if you don't have the ability to hate him. God can't make you not sin if you don't have the choice to sin. God can't make you believe in Jesus if you don't have the choice to not believe in Jesus.
This is what I believe but if you want me to find something on the internet to disprove it give me about 10 minutes.

Not as simple, but very well said.