Choke for SBE II

bangbird

So a couple weeks ago I was asking options on 11-87s after my Benelli M2Field was stolen. Well I just loved my Benelli so much I didn't want to buy something else and not be happy. So I bought a new SBE II in bottomland camo. My local gun store was running a sell for $1399.

I did a search and read some older post but would like some fresh data.

Any SBE guy's out there? What's a good Choke and Shell combo?

I guess now I can shoot 3 1/2 if I choose.

In my M2 Field I was shooting a Rhino .660. I liked it but unfortunately it was stolen with the gun. May go back to Rhino but looking for some other suggestions.

Thanks

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I found the kicks gobblin thunder does really wel in my SBE. It likes 3" shells better than 3.5's also

Gut_Pile

I would call William at Sumtoy. I'm sure he'll have some solid advice for you

Sixes

I've got the same gun, I tried an Indian Creek, Kicks and a Sumtoy, the Sumtoy is what is in the gun. The Indian Creek shot 2nd best and Kicks GT was 3rd. Patterned with Mag Blends and Longbeards
They all shot well, but overall the patterns were better with the Sumtoy.

Now, my Dad has an older SBE II and the Kicks GT shoots best in his gun, but he is still shooting Winchester Extended Range #4s and doesn't plan to change unless he runs out of them

bangbird

I've got the same gun, I tried an Indian Creek, Kicks and a Sumtoy, the Sumtoy is what is in the gun. The Indian Creek shot 2nd best and Kicks GT was 3rd. Patterned with Mag Blends and Longbeards
They all shot well, but overall the patterns were better with the Sumtoy.

Now, my Dad has an older SBE II and the Kicks GT shoots best in his gun, but he is still shooting Winchester Extended Range #4s and doesn't plan to change unless he runs out of them

Are you shooting 3 1/2 inch?

JDH

I hunt with a sbe, use factory full choke shooting nitro Turkey 3.5". Works good for me

hrstille

I would call William at Sumtoy. I'm sure he'll have some solid advice for you

This. I've had a Sumtoy in my SBE2 for years now. It flat out the best you can buy. William is the best in the business. Give him a call

Attachments

• IMG_20150316_222352754.jpg
    IMG_20150316_222352754.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 443

BIGGUS

GONetwork Member
I use an Indian Creek .665 in mine.

Cheyenne

3" Hevi shot magnum blend #5,6,7 with .660 jellyhead choke, I had gone to an event at a wma by the NWTF where numerous chokes and shells could be mixed and matched and fired at targets with your personal gun. Best match for my gun.

gatortrax

Indian Creek .665 with 3" Hevi-13 2 oz. #6's is what mine likes. It's a deadly combo. Most birds will take a nice back flip for you!

Luke0927

Indian Creek .665 here also shoots, Longbeard and Heavy shot very well.

jharrell

I shoot a SBE 2 and love it. I am shooting a 660 JEBS in mine and it does really well. Shooting 3.5 inch longbeard 6's.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I found the kicks gobblin thunder does really wel in my SBE. It likes 3" shells better than 3.5's also

My gun like that one too, .680 I think, but I'm not one to go spend close to a hundred on a new choke just to try it when I know what I got will roll one