Finally got a few sets out

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good job Mark... u are working on em !

Mark K

Banned
This is all from a 30ac piece of property where the owner lets me take a gobbler a year. But, it’s surrounded by a thousand acres of nonhunted nontrapped land that part of a “green space”.
I won’t start trapping my plantation until after quail season.

DLH_Woodstock

I'm glad you boys are out there taking a few egg eaters and fawn killers out. I've enjoyed reading your post but now it time to get back in the game. Started Tuesday putting out sets behind the house. I've gotten three coyotes this week. A double on Wednesday and one last night. that's the good part but the bad part is I have missed two at least. I have trail cams on come of them and one coyote rolled around on a set and it didn't go off. I'll need to reset it tomorrow after church. Jan_9_2019.JPG

Mark K

Banned
Awesome job on the coyotes!! I’ll consider myself a true trapper when I can consistently catch them. Cats, fox, and coon are no problem. Actually all my sets are for coyotes and the other critters keep clogging them up!!!

Here’s a horrible find this morning...a sympathetic deer hunter dispatched the suffering fox for me!
That was the second fox this week from sets set last Sunday.862A649A-FB3E-43F0-8219-B06EFEAB7AF3.jpeg

oldguy

Awesome job on the coyotes!! I’ll consider myself a true trapper when I can consistently catch them. Cats, fox, and coon are no problem. Actually all my sets are for coyotes and the other critters keep clogging them up!!!

Here’s a horrible find this morning...a sympathetic deer hunter dispatched the suffering fox for me!
That was the second fox this week from sets set last Sunday.View attachment 955720
Hate it when that happens!
When trapping for the live market, somebody shot a coyote for me. From $$ to worthless.

furtaker

That was the second fox this week from sets set last Sunday.View attachment 955720
Save the poor trapped animals! Sounds like the idjits need to read up on the regulations and understand that it's unlawful to mess with an animal in someone else's trap.

Mark K

Banned
Yeah, he got an earful and was basically told not to come back from the landowner. I wasn’t happy and actually pulled some of my sets. Had a long talk with the landowner and reminded him we were doing each other a favor, him letting me turkey hunt and me taking predators off his property at his request. I put a lot of time, money, and effort into trapping. I do it for the challenge. Some places I get paid to do it, still it’s for the challenge. We came to an understanding and I was assured it would never happen again.

Mark K

Banned
Haven’t posted in a couple days, the weather seems right but the critters just aren’t around. Except for possums! One yesterday morning and on this morning.
C9A4077C-1CF7-4516-AE3D-888F18AC421F.jpeg21E9B87F-8ADC-4292-AA87-0C3C167A63A8.jpeg