Just as you get settled in the stand

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
And your belly rumbles,and it's all you can do to make it back down. Then it's all good till you realize,whoops no striking paper. Yeah you know you been there!!!!!!! Lol
Ha! Yes sir I have been there and not in the too distant past. I was thanking the Lord that’s i had stopped by Hardees for a biscuit that morning and the bag was in my truck. Those napkins were a life saver.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Yeah, I use it at home, but I'm not carrying a bunch of it into the woods unless I'm truck camping. I guess I don't have IBS either, very rarely do I ever have to use either when I'm hunting or fishing. I usually take care of that at home or in camp before I head out hunting.

Side note: I do wish strongly that folks who carry TP into the woods would bury it when they get done. Some places around hiking trails and campsites around here, the ground is covered with it. It persists long after the substance that it was used to remove is long gone.
This. If nothing else it ain’t hard to find a stump hole. These nasty people that just litter the woods with their crap and their crap paper. City folks and trail hippies are the worst about this.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
That’s what pants and shirt pockets are for , and the top half of your sock

Good lord. Now every time I see someone with the top half of their socks cut off, I'll know why. :ROFLMAO:

cramer

Side note: I do wish strongly that folks who carry TP into the woods would bury it when they get done. Some places around hiking trails and campsites around here, the ground is covered with it. It persists long after the substance that it was used to remove is long gone.
I thought they were doing a public service to keep us from stepping on land mines

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I use it at home, but I'm not carrying a bunch of it into the woods unless I'm truck camping. I guess I don't have IBS either, very rarely do I ever have to use either when I'm hunting or fishing. I usually take care of that at home or in camp before I head out hunting.
Me either. Real regular here.
Wake up, cup of coffee, brush teeth, get a dip, hit the throne, go about my day.
I get up earlier than I need to in order to "complete my ritual" before heading out hunting.
I do however keep TP with me just in case. Takes up very little space & weighs nothing.

rugerfan

I have a buddy of mine that is a little superstitious , says if he doesn't have a moment before a hunt then it will not be a prosperous hunt. Says he has to drop his good luck charm. He has killed a couple of good bucks over the last several years. The biggest was a big 10 point while in the process. We just laugh at him, but since he has killed 5 good bucks in the last 5 years, I guess the joke is on us.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Agree 100%.
Last summer while in the Smokies, we were driving that loop above Gatlinburg (can't remember name). There was a scenic overlook we stopped at. My son & I walked up a trail & there was TP in several different places on the ground. Disgusting.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
100 years ago everyone walked around saying.
Don’t forget to bring corn cobs

Y'all was backwards. By 100 years ago the folks around here had switched over to the Sears & Roebuck Catalog and the Atlanta Journal when they could get it, didn't even have to read it first. Corn Cobs was filling up the pit too quick.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can picture John Colter, Simon Kenton, Hugh Glass, or Dragging Canoe cancelling their trip and returning to civilization because they ran out of Quilted Northern. :bounce:

Buckman18

About 12 years ago I did the atkins diet to lose some goo, and about half way through deer season it hit me that not once did I have that issue while hunting. Since, Ive made double sure to keep sugar, refined carbs, and absolutely all sugared up soft drinks, etc out of my diet during hunting season. Oh what a difference that makes in terms of keeping that issue a non issue.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
TP in a ziplock in my backpack for that once a year or every 2 year emergency. Takes up no space and weighs nothing...and cleans much much better than magnolia leaves. @NCHillbilly I know folks used them for 1000s of years and I had to as a kid time and again, but I prefer that fresh squeaky clean feeling these days :bounce:

Worley

And your belly rumbles,and it's all you can do to make it back down. Then it's all good till you realize,whoops no striking paper. Yeah you know you been there!!!!!!! Lol
Tell ya what worse than that, never making it back down. Stomach virus and passion to hunt just don’t mix, just saying it was Uglieeee..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
TP in a ziplock in my backpack for that once a year or every 2 year emergency. Takes up no space and weighs nothing...and cleans much much better than magnolia leaves. @NCHillbilly I know folks used them for 1000s of years and I had to as a kid time and again, but I prefer that fresh squeaky clean feeling these days :bounce:

The prudent man is well provisioned.:wink::bounce:

I've done the leaf thing tons of times. The reason I carry TP is because I don't have anything left to prove to myself about doing "it" in the woods.