Just as you get settled in the stand

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I keep TP in my orange vest game bag
On my golf cart
In my truck.
End up using from all 3 locations on occasion.

Old man I knew as a kid had a system for cobs. Use 2 red cobs then 1 white cob to assure you got it all

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
GEEZ...I can smell ya from way over here!
Not hardly. You can get just as clean without all the modern crap. Plus, I don't have to go in the woods five times a day like the majority of folks on here. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have to 2 ply the old leaves to keep the fingers from popping through? That could be a Terrible situation.
Yes.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Folks started fires by striking flint together too. I use a lighter......... ?
I do too sometimes, but I can also do it with a flint and steel, hand drill, and bow drill. It is good to know how to live without Wal-mart. What you gonna do if something happens and there aren't any Bic lighters or Quilted Northern? Die?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The prudent man is well provisioned.:wink::bounce:

I've done the leaf thing tons of times. The reason I carry TP is because I don't have anything left to prove to myself about doing "it" in the woods.
You better hope that civil war you want never comes, if you can't live without Charmin. ::ke:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I do too sometimes, but I can also do it with a flint and steel, hand drill, and bow drill. It is good to know how to live without Wal-mart. What you gonna do if something happens and there aren't any Bic lighters or Quilted Northern? Die?
I'm gonna start a fire with the flint thingee I keep in my pack & get warmed up before I grab some Magnolia leaves for a dump. ?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Not hardly. You can get just as clean without all the modern crap. Plus, I don't have to go in the woods five times a day like the majority of folks on here. :)

Once every couple of years in the woods, sometimes even only once a year and I still like to be squeaky clean :D

Triple C

I'll just up n die if civil war comes and we have to learn to truly become off the grid self sufficient. In the meantime...I'll have plenty of bic lighters and always have some TP with me when in the woods.

4HAND

Staff member
Speaking of lighters, after Hurricane Michael, my wife, kids & I gathered up a truckload of stuff including charcoal, lighter fluid & lighters.
We delivered it to a distribution site in Grand Ridge & returned home only to discover we forgot to leave the lighters. They were in the cab with us & we overlooked them.
So I'm good on lighters for awhile. ?

brdyhll

Years ago last of the season got the bubble guts and cut my shirt into a crop top. Got home to find out the shirt I used had been bought for me on Christmas Day. My wife was not thrilled. But hey when you gotta go you gotta go. And pine needle wiping can make your hands gross lol

sleepr71

I’ll just add that this “subject” gets to be a REAL Emergency..when you are 30-40 ft up a tree in a Climber...?☹️

sleepr71

Ok..One more memory..then I’ll stop before Nic. Or Elfiii slaps me on the hand. Y’all remember those one piece insulated Camo suits,that had the hoodie on it? Well..a good buddy & I were driving in one morning before daylight & he “Had to STOP”..so I pulled over & let him run in the woods. He jumped outta the truck & hit the woods. Came back in about 5 minutes looking like a new man?. Soon as he got in & shut the door..I was like..BRO..What! He had filled that Hoodie up?? He had to get out..GENTLY slide the Coverall set off..and use his pocket knife to hack/cut the Hoodie off. Will NEVER forget that morning ?

Last edited by a moderator:

4HAND

Staff member
Ok..One more memory..then I’ll stop before Nic. Or Elfiii slaps me on the hand. Y’all remember those one piece insulated Camo suits,that had the hoodie on it? Well..a good buddy & I were driving in one morning before daylight & he “Had to STOP”..so I pulled over & let him run in the woods. He jumped outta the truck & hit the woods. Came back in about 5 minutes looking like a new man?. Soon as he got in & shut the door..I was like..BRO..What the ???.! He had filled that Hoodie up?? He had to get out..GENTLY slide the Coverall set off..and use his pocket knife to hack/cut the Hoodie off. Will NEVER forget that morning ?
We need a whole new thread for these type stories. Everyone that's spent ANY time in the woods has a story!
????

280 Man

Banned
Years ago last of the season got the bubble guts and cut my shirt into a crop top. Got home to find out the shirt I used had been bought for me on Christmas Day. My wife was not thrilled. But hey when you gotta go you gotta go. And pine needle wiping can make your hands gross lol

Halter tops don't look good on men!! LOL