JT, Bubba & Friends Live From The Tree. Changes and Challenges III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Boyd

Slow yesterday.

I pulled an all day 0’fer until 2 came at last light.

Ron passed on a good 8 and had 6 does nearby.

We waited a little this am and got on stands about 8.

I had a stud 8 in field but he was at 50 and either did not see the fake deer or chose to ignore it. He did act spooked a bit and trotted back up the field. I def would have shot him.

Wind was supposed to be ripping so we are in a box blind and a tripod. Wind really is not that bad.

Fairly warm here and the sun just popped out.

Good luck people.

A05478C9-6A3A-44B5-A7B6-1F01DD0FD2CC.jpegB062580C-715E-4933-A46A-13C18B0FE5AA.jpegA06BC53B-0F18-4078-8931-B33A05F8D421.jpeg1104D173-5BAC-4469-A96C-8893224A3C6A.jpeg

DSGB

First deer of the day is a little button head. He’s on the other side of the creek and think he wants to come over here, but is not a fan of this blind.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well it's just not happening.

Calling Kansas a wrap and gonna head to MO farm.

Kansas was a great time as always, but the weather and somewhat the deer just didn't cooperate. Shared camp with some new and old friends, there was some fine fine bucks killed, but not by me and of course that's ok. Dead deer are always a plus, but a very small part of why I do this.

Can't ask for anything more from Steve and family and you will not find an outfitter who will work harder for you and communicate better with you than Steve.

Thx again old fella. It's been a freaking blast as always!

DSGB

A doe came in on the same trail as the button and she didn’t like the blind either. She head bobbed and started stomping and trotted off. Then decided to come back, trot off again and start blowing.

I may have to make a move, just not sure where.

Slow yesterday.

I pulled an all day 0’fer until 2 came at last light.

Ron passed on a good 8 and had 6 does nearby.

We waited a little this am and got on stands about 8.

I had a stud 8 in field but he was at 50 and either did not see the fake deer or chose to ignore it. He did act spooked a bit and trotted back up the field. I def would have shot him.

Wind was supposed to be ripping so we are in a box blind and a tripod. Wind really is not that bad.

Fairly warm here and the sun just popped out.

Good luck people.

View attachment 1189440View attachment 1189441View attachment 1189442View attachment 1189443
Killer looking setup ! Your engineering skills and craftsmanship are top notch. Always enjoy seeing the things you do .

rosco772001

Had to climb down and run one kid and pick up another . . I'm an offer since first light

. In honor of chuck and his Flats crew I'm preparing for the rest of the week . Glad my mom taught ne how to cook. It's the secret deer weapon

Attachments

• 1FB7222B-5117-43B9-B1C0-EBABB034C664.jpeg
    1FB7222B-5117-43B9-B1C0-EBABB034C664.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 19

Ksbigbuck

Dang JT
Well it's just not happening.

Calling Kansas a wrap and gonna head to MO farm.

Kansas was a great time as always, but the weather and somewhat the deer just didn't cooperate. Shared camp with some new and old friends, there was some fine fine bucks killed, but not by me and of course that's ok. Dead deer are always a plus, but a very small part of why I do this.

Can't ask for anything more from Steve and family and you will not find an outfitter who will work harder for you and communicate better with you than Steve.

Thx again old fella. It's been a freaking blast as always!
You gave it a awesome effort no doubt! Appreciate the kind words!

bulletjig

It’s been almost a year since we laid eyes on each other and I will never forget after the shot when I walked up on you taking a dirt nap in the blood soaked leaves (where the arrow is pointing) we had a instant bond so I brought you back to our special place. Lol enough of that it’s lunchtime. 9315C75E-1BBF-4415-B457-C24FEDC6CEA3.jpeg

DSGB

I’ve abandoned the blind and just took my chair and moved up the creek about 200 yards. Bumped a spike on the way, but he just trotted into the thicket.

Status
Not open for further replies.