Tacoma vs Frontier

Looking for a new to me used truck and have narrowed it down to these two both crew cab 4x4 with v6.Both have about the same miles Nissan cost a little less. Which would you pick and why?

rjcruiser

Toyota. Why?
Resale value will be much better. Thing will last longer.

seeker

Toyota because they refuse to die. Mine now has 223,000 miles and I've never even had to change a burnt out headlight.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If those were my two choices.
Toyota hands down. Nothing holds its value more than a Tacoma or a jeep

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Toyota.......

Oldstick

Vote for Toyota as well. When I was comparison shopping about 5 years ago, I found the Tacoma to have a lot better suspension and ride quality than the equivalent Frontier.

In addition to all the other reasons mentioned above.

sweatequity

I am on my third Tacoma

Toyota hands down. Better looking, better resale, better engines, better reliability, and better MPG.

I sold my 2000 Tacoma 4x4 xtra cab in 2013 for 6500. It had 195k miles too.

Buzz

Neither... Sorry couldn't help it. :)

Of the two I would pick a Tacoma. If you've done any research you'll know it's the choice of the little ones.

I've just never found the little trucks to be much of a bargain. The full sized ones aren't much more expensive, get equal gas mileage, and have far more capabilities, and a much better ride.

***"I've just never found the little trucks to be much of a bargain. The full sized ones aren't much more expensive, get equal gas mileage, and have far more capabilities, and a much better ride"***

Agree! ^^^^^^^^^

Well thanks for the replies. Yes the newer big ones get about the same mpg, but I really want a stick shift and its almost imposable to find a full size with a standard transmission.

hipster dufus

im a nissan man. i find toyotas overpriced. 220k,on one 170k, on my present one and 5k on my new est one. plus an 86 i bought for 200 and got 1200 when the boy wrecked it.i dont sell em i keep em.so i buy new. a comparable toyota would have been thousands more.gonna give the grandson my 04 in about 5 yrs. my 2015 is for retirement and sits in garage. good luck

benellisbe

I have a 2000 Tacoma 2.7 4x4 manual and I love it. I had a cylinder head fail at 197k and am doing a full rebuild on the motor, simply because I had to pull it anyway to replace the timing chains. Bought the truck in 2011 for 7500 and was offered 6500 for it in early 2015. Can't beat the resale value of a Taco or Jeep. I have a full size truck, but i'd rather drive my tacoma. It is the same width as a Polaris Ranger, so I can drive it around the farm and hunting club without needing to widen any roads.

marlin

I am a Nissan fan myself. I have a 2005 Titan with 244000+ miles. I did have to replace a front wheel bearing but other than that no problems. Would not hesitate to buy another one when this one wears out. My wife now drives an Armada since I have had good service out of the Titan.