I have a confession

Bushwhacker

For over two years I've hid this from my friends and family. I can't take the pressure any longer. I failed to find a doe that I shot and I can't figure out how to blame it on the caliber, bullet weight, bullet velocity, bullet type, scope or even the rifle! She wasn't too close for proper expansion or too far. I guess I just made a bad shot. There I said it. Wow! I feel so much better! :stir: Maybe we can start a support group for those of us that can admit that it's always the puller of the triggers fault.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I shot a 3 point deer my first year on a new lease. Thought it was a doe. Near bout got kicked out. It happens

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I was on a doe hunt. Shot a deer and it was the 14 or they all wanted. It was late and in the weeds.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Maybe

OldMrwiskers

I to have a confession I am a 31 man who has not shot a buck.Killed 5 does.

NUTT

I'll admit this-I can only shoot trophy bucks at this stage in my hunting ventures. OK I said it and I feel better. Thanks guys.

Philbow

For over two years I've hid this from my friends and family. I can't take the pressure any longer. I failed to find a doe that I shot and I can't figure out how to blame it on the caliber, bullet weight, bullet velocity, bullet type, scope or even the rifle! She wasn't too close for proper expansion or too far. I guess I just made a bad shot. There I said it. Wow! I feel so much better! :stir: Maybe we can start a support group for those of us that can admit that it's always the puller of the triggers fault.

I'm sorry but you should not be allowed to hunt until you've completed a remedial "It wasn't my fault" course. If you can't blame "bullet performance", then you're just simply not trying hard enough! At the very least you could use the "rifle fell and knocked the scope off" excuse. Are you just trying to make the rest of us feel bad? If you really try I'm sure you blame something other than yourself.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB

its not

ProAngler

I'm not sure I believe you. Based on what I have read it's not possible for it to be your fault. I don't think you investigated enough to find out what really happened. My money is on the wrong bullet. Only the best made 30-06 bullets will take down a whitetail at 45 yards. The rest might as well be potato guns.

Timbo85

My confession I have never physically killed a mature buck but I have used fire arms , arrows , even shanked 1 with a bayonet on a ska front bumper and the side of my truck , I'm ready to step up my game and take 1 with a ethically placed judy chop

Capt Quirk

When I saw the title, I was thinking that the OP was... "coming out of the blind" and confessing they were really vegan inside.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I plead insanity your honor. I'm just crazy about this stuff.

T-N-T

I had the same thing happen. Took me a few days to realize the wind gust was certainly the culprit.