Sony and Nick

arrendale8105

I don't start many threads in the sports forum but just had to put this out here. I think Smart said it best in the post game interview last night about how UGA could never pay Nick and Sony back for all they've done for the program. Both are stud backs and both came back for their Senior years when they could have turned pro and taken the money. They don't mind sharing the spotlight one bit even with a stud up and coming back (swift) and holly field and herron. No matter which back is on the field, if he breaks one or scores the other one on the sideline seems to be the first one they show smiling and congratulating them on the sidelines. Last night when Holyfield scored and he got to the sideline both Nick and Sony were smiling ear to ear and celebrating with him on the sideline. If that leadership and support doesn't make you feel great i don't know what would. They also always seem to defer their praise to others on the team as well which is something else that i love about them. They are truly TEAM players. I have been a die hard UGA fan since i was old enough to know who they are and i have enjoyed watching them all 4 years more than any other players i can remember in my time. I bought 4 tickets to the home game against South Carolina 6 rows up on the 50 yard line for my wife, two daughters and i at a charity auction back in early august mainly because my daughters wanted to go to a UGA game and now i'm more exited as i cant wait to see them play in person one last time in UGA red and black! Sorry for the long post its just the more i watch them play and the way they carry themselves the more i respect them. GO DAWGS!

fishnguy

They are great TEAM leaders! I'm not a born and bred Dawg fan but have been following them since 2000. I believe the Nick Chubb is my favorite Dawg at this point. He has set such a high standard with going through a severe knee injury. There have been and will be some dandy backs coming through UGA recently/shortly.

WGSNewnan

great ball players and fine human beings. role models to be sure.

but - keep one thing in mind - they didnt come back necessarily to help georgia. they didnt have much of a choice. neither would have been drafted high enough last year to be viable nfl prospects.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep I was watching their reaction when Hollyfield scored.............pure adulation for the younger player...............

FootLongDawg

Even though I love the way Swift is progressing, I could not help but thinking yesterday how much we are going to miss Chubb and Michel. For me personally, Michel carried this team in so many games, he will always be one of my favorites.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
great ball players and fine human beings. role models to be sure.

but - keep one thing in mind - they didnt come back necessarily to help georgia. they didnt have much of a choice. neither would have been drafted high enough last year to be viable nfl prospects.

I'd say their stock has gone through the roof at this point. I'd disagree somewhat though. I believe they knew something really special was happening at UGA

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
As DGD's go they are right up there at the top.

MCBUCK

I'd say their stock has gone through the roof at this point. I'd disagree somewhat though. I believe they knew something really special was happening at UGA

I have to agree 100%

I also might add that I don't think we will see two more like them for a while...unless:rolleyes:::;

Coenen

This.
I'd say their stock has gone through the roof at this point.
This.

Running backs are undervalued, and short lived, in today's NFL. It's best for them to try and pump up their stock coming out of college, and get as much money as they can with their first contract. Teams just aren't looking to pay big bucks for running back's any more, and given the physicality of the position, a young RB making it to his second contract is far from guaranteed.

lbzdually

Banned
Even though I love the way Swift is progressing, I could not help but thinking yesterday how much we are going to miss Chubb and Michel. For me personally, Michel carried this team in so many games, he will always be one of my favorites.

I'd say Swift has a similar skillset and personality as Michel. Zamir White is a cross between Chubb and Gurley, with him having Chubb's power and demeanor, and having Gurley's speed and vision to find a gap and hit it full speed. Holyfield and Herrien are both more than capable and when you throw in James Cook, I see no drop-off at all.