What are your thoughts

M77 Ruger

What are your thoughts on buying used bows. Is it a good way to save money or should you just pony up and buy new to know what you are getting.

fountain

I've bought several off of archery talk and find it a very good way to save some money. Typically you can find the new releases for a couple hundred less a few month after the release dates. Be patient and you can find some exceptional deals

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
A 2 year old bow is a GREAT deal, especially if you want a flagship bow, and of course will kill just as many deer as it would when brand new.

Most flagship bows are now in the $1100 and up range bare bow. a 2 year old model will normally end up selling in the $600-$700 range and most of those will have some or all accessories on it. Bows in general never hold much resale value for some reason.

deast1988

I sold a few recently on AT, set a price make offers don't go above your price I got a heck of a deal on this years deer rig. And it's a sweet shooting bow aswell.

Ihunt

That's all I buy. I'm just a couple of years behind all of the new releases. Most of mine cost less than $400.00

stick_slinger

I've never bought a used one, but most people who sell them don't really NEED a new bow. Most are perfectly fine, we all like new toys and we sometimes gotta get rid of the old ones to buy new ones.