What would you buy with $2,000?

GunnSmokeer

QUOTE from o.p.

"...used mostly for deer and realistically will shoot 200 yards at the most."

Did y'all hear that? 200 yards.

200 yards does not call for a scope with a very high quality image.

It doesn't need super high magnification.

The scope only needs to be reliable enough not to break down-- either from shooting it or maybe accidentally dropping the scoped rifle.

sleepr71

QUOTE from o.p.

The scope only needs to be reliable enough not to break down-- either from shooting it or maybe accidentally dropping the scoped rifle.
He has already picked up a nice scope,at a great deal. That scope/rifle combo is an excellent combination for any mid-sized game in North America :huh:

Reactions: Dub

FlipKing

QUOTE from o.p.

At first and last light, quality matters.

Dub

He has already picked up a nice scope,at a great deal. That scope/rifle combo is an excellent combination for any mid-sized game in North America :huh:

I think he did really well. (y)

QUOTE from o.p.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, we heard.

Looks like he wrapped it up a week ago with some excellent gear.

At first and last light, quality matters.

Absolutely. (y) (y) (y)

SC Hunter

There is quote somewhere about something to do with not needing but having is better than needing/wanting and not having or something along those lines.

I'd rather be able to really zoom in and look close vs saying dang 6 or 9 power is ALMOST enough. He did good with the combination he picked up and put together.

mizuno24jad

QUOTE from o.p.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Hunting I’ll be shooting less than 200 mostly but not against target shooting further

FlipKing

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Hunting I’ll be shooting less than 200 mostly but not against target shooting further
I have a vx5 on 2 "mid level" rifles. I've been very happy with them. They aren't quite as tough as I'd like and I'll probably go NF at on at least one rifle. But they are great scopes and the firedot is super helpful.

menhadenman

Got the tikka t3x laminated stainless in 308, got an amazing deal on a Leupold vx5hd 3-15x44 I couldn’t pass up
My goodness I am jealous! That’s one fine looking rifle. I’ve got two T3Xs and they’re both shooters. The 308 I’ve got (CTR) does great with some ammo you can still find at $20/box. I also reload so it’s nice to get the trigger time in. Congrats you have a sweet rifle!