2011 Pre-Season Outlook

LanierSpots

BTW - I was reading up on #56 Anthony "Freak" Johnson the other day. That boy is a going to be a beast. An every down DT who's motor never quits. Can't wait to see him in action. :fine:

F789013.jpg

yea, I read about him on another site. Sounds like a beast

golffreak

Even though I think that Petrino is putrid low-life, as a Bama fan, the Arkansas game worries me more than the LSU game. While I think LSU is by far the better team, the Arkansas game is just bothering me to no end.

Madsnooker

I really have no great outlook this year. Don't get me wrong, I think OSU is still loaded with talent but there is just to much uncertianty at this point. New coach, new QB, and missing 4 starters for the first 5 games don't help.

I do believe if they can somehow beat Miami in the second game that would be huge and would give the team a huge lift as far as confidence. Not that Miami is back to being a power house but after this offseason, going into their stadium and winning would be huge.

I see the defense being very stout even after replacing some great players from last year. The latest out of Columbus is that the defensive line is shaping up to be better than last year:eek: DT Johnathan Hankins is a beast. He is a true sophmore and broke the starting line up last year. He is 375IBS and Shugarts said he has never seen a DT like him. John Simon is also a beast at DE and most see him as a first rounder. Also, they return 2 starters that missed the second half of last year with injuries. They were playing fantastic before their injuries and alot is expected out of them. The linebackers will be solid as well with 2 starters returning and they also added the best LB in the country in the last recuiting class and thus far, he hasn't dissapointed. The word freak gets thrown around with him but I will wait and see on that.:huh:

Now, the offnese is another story. If Buaserman gets the start, its going to be a long season. Hopefully Braxton Miller(#1 dual threat QB in the country) gets the nod. Not worried about Boom Herron missing the first 4 games as OSU is loaded at running back, Jordan Hall, Jamal Berry and company are more than adequate. Posey will be hard to replace until he returns.

The long and short of it is, I will be overjoyed with a New Years day bowl in Tampa or Orlando and anything more than that would be icing on the cake.

LanierSpots

I really have no great outlook this year. Don't get me wrong, I think OSU is still loaded with talent but there is just to much uncertianty at this point. New coach, new QB, and missing 4 starters for the first 5 games don't help.

I do believe if they can somehow beat Miami in the second game that would be huge and would give the team a huge lift as far as confidence. Not that Miami is back to being a power house but after this offseason, going into their stadium and winning would be huge.

I see the defense being very stout even after replacing some great players from last year. The latest out of Columbus is that the defensive line is shaping up to be better than last year:eek: DT Johnathan Hankins is a beast. He is a true sophmore and broke the starting line up last year. He is 375IBS and Shugarts said he has never seen a DT like him. John Simon is also a beast at DE and most see him as a first rounder. Also, they return 2 starters that missed the second half of last year with injuries. They were playing fantastic before their injuries and alot is expected out of them. The linebackers will be solid as well with 2 starters returning and they also added the best LB in the country in the last recuiting class and thus far, he hasn't dissapointed. The word freak gets thrown around with him but I will wait and see on that.:huh:

Now, the offnese is another story. If Buaserman gets the start, its going to be a long season. Hopefully Braxton Miller(#1 dual threat QB in the country) gets the nod. Not worried about Boom Herron missing the first 4 games as OSU is loaded at running back, Jordan Hall, Jamal Berry and company are more than adequate. Posey will be hard to replace until he returns.

The long and short of it is, I will be overjoyed with a New Years day bowl in Tampa or Orlando and anything more than that would be icing on the cake.

Good overview. You guys have many hurdles to jump this year. It will be interesting to see how the buckeye season unfolds.

gin house

Hold on ginhouse, I read where the O-line lost three players. Is that true and if it is how is that unit gonna be better? Is that Sackerlina Delusion Syndrome coming back again??

We lost chisolm, he was a good one but thats really it. We got Broome who is one of the top Juco olinemen this year and we had some pretty decent depth last year with the addition of some super freshmen....I think this one will be much better than last year.

gin house

Of all the new players not on Auburn, Clowney is the one I am anxious to see play. I think that kid will be a game changer

Im anxious to see what he can do myself, I just hope he comes out and meets the hype. He was a beast in high school but these boys are a little bigger and faster......maybe he meets the hype, i sure hope so.

gin house

I dont expect much from him the first year, Melvin is one tough dude and is not going to bow down to the clown.

I was thinking the same thing but today saw where Ellis Johnson said "we have a war daddy coming" Now i dont know what that is but it sounds like hes gonna be a good one. IMO he wont affect Melvins play time, Clowney will come in on certain pass plays and Ingram will be in on more run plays. Youre right, melvin is a freak and is in my opinion the most underated player on the team.