6.5 creedmoor rumors

chuckdog

The cartridge has definitely been over hyped.

Gun writers need something to write about, arms makers need new market sensations. Presto - The 6.5 CM is today's golden child.

People are likely expecting too much due to the mythical performance many have written/read about.

As posted above the cartridge is quite capable of excellent accuracy. Ballistics aside it's easy on the shooter. That may lead to people to practice more and be less likely to flinch from anticipated recoil. It ain't gonna fix a poor shooter with any magic.

It has boosted turnbolt rifle sales.

The industry already has other chamberings in its sights to be the next golden child.

bullgator

The cartridge has definitely been over hyped.

Gun writers need something to write about, arms makers need new market sensations. Presto - The 6.5 CM is today's golden child.

People are likely expecting too much due to the mythical performance many have written/read about.

As posted above the cartridge is quite capable of excellent accuracy. Ballistics aside it's easy on the shooter. That may lead to people to practice more and be less likely to flinch from anticipated recoil. It ain't gonna fix a poor shooter with any magic.

It has boosted turnbolt rifle sales.

The industry already has other chamberings in its sights to be the next golden child.
The 25 Creedmoor is an interesting round for hunting. There are very few .257 match bullets, so the cartridge would need to be hyped as a hunting round.

Jester896

Senior Clown
that is one way to hype a quarter bore is to ad Creedmoor behind it.
to be able to use the heavier bullet offering you're going to need a 1:7 twist probably. With a 1:10 isn't it pretty much is close to the .25-06 with the -06 being a little faster? probably one of the reasons the .25WSSM flopped in only a couple of years...it was 1:10

B. White

I've read rumors on the internet about little or no blood, no exit and problems tracking. I'm convinced it is the person pulling the trigger. I've had good luck with exits and falling where they stand or within a few steps with ELDMs. Neck shots have been fist size exits.

Deer are easy to kill, if you shoot them in a good spot. Folks tend to over complicate things. I like all calibers I have, and none of them have let me down yet because of being or poor caliber, or because I didn't use some expensive magic bullet.

1638056829007.jpeg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Son used his 6.5CM to take a nice buck this morning on PA's firearm season opener.
143ELDX shed it's jacket but the core punched through.
Hit em where they live.
IMG_1870.jpg20211127_114932.jpg

furtaker

I've read rumors on the internet about little or no blood, no exit and problems tracking. I'm convinced it is the person pulling the trigger. I've had good luck with exits and falling where they stand or within a few steps with ELDMs. Neck shots have been fist size exits.

Deer are easy to kill, if you shoot them in a good spot. Folks tend to over complicate things. I like all calibers I have, and none of them have let me down yet because of being or poor caliber, or because I didn't use some expensive magic bullet.

View attachment 1119341
Funny how so many Georgians have trouble killing whitetails with the CM but the Swedes have been killing moose across the pond for a hundred years with its ballistic twin, the 6.5x55.

FlipKing

120 yards. Entered high shoulder on 1 side quartering to me. Exited right in front of the back ham on the other side. She didn't go 30 yards this evening.
20211127_175109.jpg

sleepr71

It’s a fine round…I just don’t see it doing anything that other rounds can’t already do..:huh: Knowing your rifle + it’s trajectory out to max hunting distances used to be a common thing for us. Every 50 yd increment past 250 yds..We would Duct tape & write it on top of our scope. After a while you knew it by heart. 0-400yds should be 2nd nature for any modern center fire rifle,other than slow ones like 30-30/35 Rem. IMO

menhadenman

that is one way to hype a quarter bore is to ad Creedmoor behind it.
to be able to use the heavier bullet offering you're going to need a 1:7 twist probably. With a 1:10 isn't it pretty much is close to the .25-06 with the -06 being a little faster? probably one of the reasons the .25WSSM flopped in only a couple of years...it was 1:10
And a poor case. My buddy’s son shoots one.

Check these babies out... I’d love to see one that shoots.

https://blackjackbullets.com/product/blackjack-131-grain-ace-match-bullet-100-ct/?v=ed5e635ddcfb

Last edited:

Dub

chuckdog

I don’t know if a .257”anything would ever pick up the head of steam a 6.5/.264” has.

It seems like a good idea for those of us that are already quarter bore fans, but if you already have a 6.5 CM I just don’t see the mass appeal in the U S market.

I’ve often thought a 25-08/Souper AI would be a fun short action round, but I haven’t seen the 25 garner near the following 6mm and 6.5mm bullets have.

I like the .308 based rounds, I have a lot of brass. Still, a 25-284 is something I wouldn’t have mind owning either.

pottydoc

I agree. My reason for asking for this is, lately I have read several bad reviews saying the performance isn’t What it’s everybody has made it out to be.I feel like its a bunch of basis opinions. Some like it and some don’t.
There's no cartridge built that will do what some of the fans are saying. Folks make it sound like you should guide away any other caliber you own because they won't shoot as good, as far, as flat, and as accurate as they did before the Creed hit the market. It'll will kill deer real dead, just like your 308 does. The Berga is a great rifle.