308 vs 270 vs 6.5

longrangedog

I've been shooting since 1955. Started with .22 and moved to 20 gauge and later 16 gauge under my dad's watch until I went out on my on at 18. In the military I shot 7.62X51 and .223. I was a competitive High Power competitor as well as a pistol competitor during most of my 23 years of service. I have never been overly recoil sensitive. That said, I know that accuracy suffers as recoil increases. The really good shooters are able to overcome heavy recoil but the majority are negatively affected by it. I bought a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle a few years ago and have been really impressed by the accuracy as well as the mild recoil. Great cartridge.

rosewood

I haven't gone 6.5 yet, can't decide which one I want, CM or PRC. Waiting on more PRC ammo to be available before I pull the trigger on buying one.
There are several to choose from and you can own several.
I have the 6.5x55, 260 rem, 6.5CM MB, 6.5 Grendel. :)

Rosewood

FlipKing

I haven't gone 6.5 yet, can't decide which one I want, CM or PRC. Waiting on more PRC ammo to be available before I pull the trigger on buying one.

Get a 6.5cm. Much easier to find/cheaper/ and you can get it pretty close. PRC is 2960 and the custom ammo I get are 2875.

trial&error

Two very proven rounds in 270 and 308. 6.5 is the new kid on the block. All are capable. 243 is like a laser, light bullets super fast, and will burn through the barrel faster. Really just your choice, ammo availability may be the bigger concern. Where do you hunt and what ranges are most likely needed? I like the 30 cal bullets the best, and the most available ammo you can find.