6.5 creedmore.

wareagle700

What grain bullet is everyone shooting for whitetails

The weight depends on the bullet construction. 140gr AMAX and ELD's work good and act like a heavy ballistic tip. 120gr Barnes TSX work well at higher velocities. 130 Accubond's work well, etc....... The design of the bullet has more to do with it than the weight. There is no best choice, everything is a compromise.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have had very good results with the Barnes 127LRX in my .260 and H100V running about 2900. Don't think you will get that speed with the Creedmoor. New data has Superformance running pretty strong in the Creedmoor.

Klondike

Mine is a range chassis gun (I hunt with other calibers) but it is a great white tail round (killed 3 with mine before dedicating as a range gun). I have killed the deer with a 120gr Nosler BT and 2 with 140gr Hornady. Terminal performance for these long narrow bullets is great. All 3 were DRT. Have had similar experience with my 6.5x284 - good fast killers.

For accuracy I like the 130's over the 140's / 143's trading more wind drift for more muzzle velocity / less drop.

Currently load the 130's over 42.2gr of H100V

killerv

Getting a chance to get one going for a buddy this weekend. His kimber hunter should be in this week and I just ordered him some talley to go with his vx2 3-9. Should be a sweet setup. Probably going to look for a factory load in the 120bt. He doesn't reload but I do, so I may have to pick one up at some point too if his impresses me.

Buckstop

The Creedmoor doesn't do much the .260 won't do, other than maybe allow handloaders to seat longer high-BC bullets out towards the lands without requiring a long action to be able to fit the magazine.

But just a good all round combination of low recoil, easy to shoot and accurate. A lot like the .243 win, but able to shoot 140gr bullets with ease as most rifles are built with a 1 in 8" twist barrel.

The Hornady 143 eld-x is shooting great in my Savage Varmint rifle loaded over H4350 powder. Consistently under .6" at 100 yrds.

Powerline

Finally my 6.5 arrived Ruger Hawkeye preditor. Cant wait to shoot it!

Attachments

• 5C2EF5FE-541A-4F53-A181-CE5CA7A2BE92.jpeg
    5C2EF5FE-541A-4F53-A181-CE5CA7A2BE92.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 14