A Slow Motion Train Wreck, the Midwest Edition

slow motion

Cool, Slow Bro! I was on Campus last night at the classic center for a Pinning Ceremony. The “G” day crowd was already piling in. Surprised at the # of open seats in the pic though! It’s a great day to catch a scrimmage game. T-towns a little far for me though since I have a tree laying on my shed-taking my weekend plans to the woodshed!
Sorry about the tree brother. That side is closed for construction.

slow motion

No but thinking about roping in Statesboro on Sunday
Sunday tomorrow? Too soon. Im tired. Or this one? I like a rodeo and not scared of a drive especially for a face to face meet up with LFTT royalty. Course it's understandable if the prospect of that sounds a bit much. I mean who knows my crazy luck might be contagious. Just look at @Jim Thompson he's done broke his hand in the middle of a hunt since meeting me. Think bubba and @jcooley380 have had hardships as well.Screenshot_20240413-185042_Google.jpg

Last edited:

slow motion

Big ole red squirrels up there. Not very skiddish. Bet they're tasty and that fur would feel good on the inside of a bedroom slipper. They were eating green hickory nuts ( hicker nuts) that day. Some they shredded while in the tree. Long strips of thin green outer shell were all in that grass. Saw deer feed through several times. Think they were eating it but can't say for certain. Screenshot_20240411-070504_Gallery.jpg

flatsmaster

Sunday tomorrow? Too soon. Im tired. Or this one? I like a rodeo and not scared of a drive especially for a face to face meet up with LFTT royalty. Course it's understandable if the prospect of that sounds a bit much. I mean who knows my crazy luck might be contagious. Just look at @Jim Thompson he's done broke his hand in the middle of a hunt since meeting me. Think bubba and @jcooley380 have had hardships as well.View attachment 1299704
No it was yesterday … Royalty ?????
Hilarious … I’m not nearly as nice in person as I can type on my phone but me and my lord are working on it !!!! :)

slow motion

No it was yesterday … Royalty ?????
Hilarious … I’m not nearly as nice in person as I can type on my phone but me and my lord are working on it !!!! :)
You're a good dude in my book brother. You've been a lot of help and a source of encouragement to me. Especially when there was a hiccup or 2 along the quest. And yes we all need to work on our self before we meet the Almighty. He expects the best out of us and yet I know he realizes we fall down sometimes. The fact that you have that relationship is fantastic news. We'll meet up some day my friend. If not on this side then the other for sure.

flatsmaster

You're a good dude in my book brother. You've been a lot of help and a source of encouragement to me. Especially when there was a hiccup or 2 along the quest. And yes we all need to work on our self before we meet the Almighty. He expects the best out of us and yet I know he realizes we fall down sometimes. The fact that you have that relationship is fantastic news. We'll meet up some day my friend. If not on this side then the other for sure.
Man I plan on driving down to eyeball the beast you’re gonna kill this year !!!! Disclaimer… unless I’m hunting or eating pound cake so it’s a tight window for you but I believe in you

slow motion

Man I plan on driving down to eyeball the beast you’re gonna kill this year !!!! Disclaimer… unless I’m hunting or eating pound cake so it’s a tight window for you but I believe in you
I will do my best not to let you down. Mishaps may get in my way though. Here's my disclaimer: Not responsible for any pound cake that goes missing. Just sayin.

How's the Godfather doing presently? @Jim Thompson I know you're dialed in with the Raven. Back to flinging a few with the bow or that hand still hampering you? You and Bubba getting ready to aggressively thin the turkey population in Southern Illinois? We need some play by play action brother. Won't be JT n Bubba whitetail LFTT but we will take what we can get. I may slip off and look for a bird tomorrow myself. Maybe. Stars appear to be aligning but could go awry any moment.

Jim Boyd

Go get one, Dale!

Talked to the farmer that owns the barn apartment we use in Rushville, he said they are about to start planting corn.

And, so it begins!

Jim Boyd

I will be up in about 5 weeks to work and put out cams.

Will deploy 8-10 cell cams and put some traditional cams on some crossings and trails I know.

Will see most of the cell cams as long as they transmit.

Will be about to bust to see the other cams come Labor Day.

Hope to see some buck’s come to manhood!!!!!!!

Jim Boyd

I will be up in about 5 weeks to work and put out cams.

Will deploy 8-10 cell cams and put some traditional cams on some crossings and trails I know.

Will see most of the cell cams as long as they transmit.

Will be about to bust to see the other cams come Labor Day.

Hope to see some buck’s come to manhood

Last edited:

slow motion

Bacon and egg on the way down this morning.20240416_060714.jpgSet up on edge of an overgrown log deck. Had a few gobble and sounded like they were getting closer but never materialized. Moved down into creek bottom. No turkeys seen but a pair of deer came through. They eventually went back the way they came. Tails up.

Attachments

• 20240416_060714.jpg
    20240416_060714.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0

slow motion

Old sign.

20240416_102451.jpg20240416_102636.jpg20240416_102522.jpg
In about a 20 foot square must be 20 rubbed trees. Right by an old scrape that has been in use for 15 years that I know of. No doubt longer. Lost count of how many bucks ive seen here. Know exactly how many ive killed though. Zero. To my knowledge never spooked 1. They just fade into or never come out of the river cane. Had a big 8 feeding through. By the time i got on him his head and shoulders were behind a big white oak. The entire rest of his body was clear and broadside. I know I could've double lunged him but since I couldn't see his shoulder to be positive couldn't do it. When he came out he was facing away from me and walked away. It is one of those times you did the right thing and yet still almost regret it.

New sign
20240416_103430.jpg
Piles of it along this trail.

A good sign
20240416_104715.jpg
That its second breakfast time

Attachments

• 20240416_104715.jpg
    20240416_104715.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 0

slow motion

This stand has held up well. It was here when I started hunting here. Don't remember how long ago that was but over 15 years.20240416_112111.jpg
Looks like he enjoyed his time here. Vodka maybe. 20240416_112103.jpgThese rock outcrops always make me think of North Ga. Mountains. Took this pic and I dropped my phone. Looks like a rock hit my windshield now. facepalm: 20240416_112347.jpg

slow motion

Just picked off a little tick that was crawling up my arm. No bug spray. Sad.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Still havent pulled a regular bow back but have been drawing a heavy weight elastic band using just three fingers on that hand. Probably be fine to draw but wont know for sure until I do. Keep telling myself top just go back to a wrist strap release but I really hate that idea now that I've used a hand release for the last 5 years give or take.

Bubba had horrible weather the 1st week of southern IL season and my tag is not good until the last.

We will see