Accurate 22 LR

Dub

My CZ457 American will make dime-sized groups at 50 yards with CCI #30 if I do my part. The adjustable trigger is nice, though I would prefer that the curved trigger blade was not radiused. Plenty of support for triggers, barrels, and stocks, though it comes pretty nice out of the box.

The Tikka T1X's are also in the same category and probably has better threaded offerings.View attachment 1285262

Classic looking stick you have there. :cheers:

Also is probably a joy to carry in the woods. Balanced and light.

sleepr71

Tikka T1x. That is all.

I’ve heard from more than one T1x owner that they shoot most every brand well. Not nearly as picky as most high end 22LR rifles are. My Bergara shoots well & is very light(Carbon barrel)..which makes for an excellent Squirrel gun…but is kinda picky about what it shoots well.

Baroque Brass

I’ve heard from more than one T1x owner that they shoot most every brand well. Not nearly as picky as most high end 22LR rifles are. My Bergara shoots well & is very light(Carbon barrel)..which makes for an excellent Squirrel gun…but is kinda picky about what it shoots well.
Most accurate 22 I’ve owned but I’ve never had the really expensive 22s. I’m especially impressed with how well it shoots the Winchester Silvertip 22 rounds. I can count on the point of impact being where the crosshairs were. Headshots on limb rats have become commonplace.

Deerhead

Well I went to a gun show this past weekend and found a good deal on a Bergara BXR Carbon barrel. It was too good to pass up. Then on my way to the exit I found a Leupold Remfire 3x9 scope. This should be a fun setup. When I got home the wife meet me at the door. I was busted!

No she was not mad. She actually told me about the gun show and asked if I was going. She knew I wanted a new gun. Now waiting on her to see the credit card bill after I had to buy some accessories. :)

Gator89

Well I went to a gun show this past weekend and found a good deal on a Bergara BXR Carbon barrel. It was too good to pass up. Then on my way to the exit I found a Leupold Remfire 3x9 scope. This should be a fun setup. When I got home the wife meet me at the door. I was busted!

No she was not mad. She actually told me about the gun show and asked if I was going. She knew I wanted a new gun. Now waiting on her to see the credit card bill after I had to buy some accessories. :)

Nicely done.

hunter44a

Find you a used Marlin bolt action (older models preferably) or Marlin mdl 60 or similar , can't beat their accuracy for the money, I don't care for all the newer synthetic stocked versions, If you can find an older Marlin mdl 81 bolt action for a couple hundred grab it ! you won't be disappointed
I have a Marlin 781. A gun I always wanted since I was kid but didn't acquire till I was 52. I shot it 10 times at 25yds. Looking through the scope I saw 1 bullet had hit the center of the target. Upon closer examination, all 10 bullets went into 1 hole. Most accurate .22 Ive ever owned or shot

Deerhead

I received scope rings and additional mags yesterday from the FedEx man. Just ran to BassPro and bought a bunch of 22lr's. Hope I have time this weekend to mount the scope and get it ready for a range day!

Robust Redhorse

I shoot tournaments and have won several yearly championships with a CZ.

Then an Anschutz 1416 showed up and beat me every year (2 owners).

I paid stupid money for that Anschutz, but was able to buy it from it's owner.
I won the championship that one year with the Anschutz, then a dude with a Tikka T1X showed up and I haven't been able to win since 2019!

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Classic looking stick you have there. :cheers:

Also is probably a joy to carry in the woods. Balanced and light.
Thank you, sir... It carries well, but it doesn't do anything to hide my mistakes in technique!