Baseball is best

HermanMerman

Basketball players flop for fouls, football players can’t hardly look at each other without getting a flag thrown, and soccer players do more acting than playing the actual game…or match… or whatever it’s called. Baseball is the most beautiful game, end of discussion.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Basketball players flop for fouls, football players can’t hardly look at each other without getting a flag thrown, and soccer players do more acting than playing the actual game…or match… or whatever it’s called. Baseball is the most beautiful game, end of discussion.
Until you look at MLB and the fact that the dodgers in the NL and the Yankees in the AL Can monopolize the game with loaded rosters. The MLB draft kills college baseball. But NCAA baseball should be televised much more than it is. Heck NCAA softball has a bigger TV presence than baseball.

HermanMerman

Until you look at MLB and the fact that the dodgers in the NL and the Yankees in the AL Can monopolize the game with loaded rosters.

The Yankees haven’t won the World Series since 2009. The Dodgers won it fair and square in 2020, but that was the first time since 1988. The Rays and Rangers have played in as many World Series since 2009 than the Yankees and Dodgers.

HermanMerman

Having said that, the Astros straight cheated the Dodgers in 2017. Can’t turn a blind eye to baseball’s nonsense, but game to game it’s still the most beautiful sport.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Baseball might be about to face a firestorm if Ohtani is implicated in this gambling fiasco.

I think he'll skate it simply because of his value. MLB will cover it up to protect the most marketable player on the planet.

Robust Redhorse

Baseball = America's Pastime!

No clock, isn't that wonderful.

26 innings - Braves vs Dodgers in 1920 - with lights, it could have been 40!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
As far as the individual skill difficulty of baseball, it's second to none.
A basketball player who shoots 33% will always be on the bench and a QB who only completes 33% of his throws or a receiver that only catches 33% of balls thrown to him will get dropped.
A lifetime .333 hitter in baseball would be a hall of famer.

No other sport combines the required athletic ability and hand/eye coordination for every position like baseball.

The problem with baseball right now is the quality of the umpires and the league's inability to get rid of them.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
MLB as a organization lost me when they let their politics take the all star game away from georgia because of our politics.
The players lost me decades before that during the player's union strike.
That said, the game is great and the playoffs and the world series have some great games. But I put them in the same category as politicians when it comes to supporting them with my money.
Phooey on baseball. I'll go fishin!
2 cents.

Robust Redhorse

I don't think any sport requires a smarter person than a catcher in baseball.

They have to know almost everything and be aware of almost everything at the same time.

Madsnooker

For me baseball has its moments but overall I don't get the infatuation with it? It's mind numbing slow paced and unless it's a close playoff of World series game, it lacks excitement for 80% of any 3.5 hr game. I had season tickets thru my company behind home plate at Ray's games in the home plate club seats with all the free food and drinks I wanted and after a couple seasons of going to a handful of games I just didn't have the interest to go most of the time and gave the tickets away most games. Then we got Lightning season tickets by the glass and wow. Talk about exciting, hard hitting fast paced fun!! Never liked or cared about hockey until I went to my first game.
Not knocking baseball just stating my thoughts on the excitement of watching a game.

DannyW

Then we got Lightning season tickets by the glass and wow. Talk about exciting, hard hitting fast paced fun!! Never liked or cared about hockey until I went to my first game.
Hockey is the most boring sport to watch on TV, but the most exciting one to watch in person. TV just can't capture all extracurricular action going on away from the puck.

Also, the hockey rink is relatively small, not 6 acres like a soccer field.

Having said that, baseball is my favorite.

Jim Baker

Staff member
As far as the individual skill difficulty of baseball, it's second to none.
A basketball player who shoots 33% will always be on the bench and a QB who only completes 33% of his throws or a receiver that only catches 33% of balls thrown to him will get dropped.
A lifetime .333 hitter in baseball would be a hall of famer.

No other sport combines the required athletic ability and hand/eye coordination for every position like baseball.

The problem with baseball right now is the quality of the umpires and the league's inability to get rid of them.
I love baseball. Played softball into my fifties.

But the most difficult game to learn and play is golf. And it is a game you can play but never win.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I love baseball. Played softball into my fifties.

But the most difficult game to learn and play is golf. And it is a game you can play but never win.
I agree. Hitting a golf ball is the most difficult thing I've ever learned to do. Hitting it far is the easy part. Hitting it short is hard.
I was mainly referring to the team sports and the skill level of all the different positions. Every position on a baseball field has to have a high skill level to be able to run, field, catch, and throw, never mind the difficulty of batting.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
High level pitching something else. Staying ona breaking ball can be next to impossible. A real curveball would make an average man bail outta the box

huntersluck

Baseball is definitely my favorite team sport. I don't understand how as much baseball that is played in GA pretty much year round and there is no college team in GA in the top 25

BassRaider

Trivia: Name the 7 ways a player can reach 1st base.

Update: Only make it to first & only 1st base

Last edited: