biology maps

I was listening to the latest Ga Afield podcast. The speaker mentioned obtaining biological maps of public land. Where can you get that information?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Sorry, I don't even know what a biological map is, much less where to find one.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I was listening to the latest Ga Afield podcast. The speaker mentioned obtaining biological maps of public land. Where can you get that information?

Do you think the word may have been “topographical” instead of biological?

No. I went back and listened. He was starting to describe how he begins to scout an area. "I also take the biologist maps of WMA and see where the food plots and stuff are at." Now he hunts in Alabama not Ga. If you choose to listen to it, It's at about the 11:50 mark.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
No. I went back and listened. He was starting to describe how he begins to scout an area. "I also take the biologist maps of WMA and see where the food plots and stuff are at." Now he hunts in Alabama not Ga. If you choose to listen to it, It's at about the 11:50 mark.
I’m guessing he says a biologist is the one who draws the wma maps.
I wouldn’t take it so literal.
I just call them wma maps and they are not topographical. Some are barely a sketch. Others are well drawn in my opinion.

I just called the DNR region office for information and he educated me on reading the map showing all the food plot information. I appreciate all of your assistance.